Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 Royal Bulgarian general's overcoat

Article about: Hey everyone,i hope you are having a great Sunday like me. I've always wanted to find a generals uniform or cap,but since they are extremely rare i never thought it would happen. Well to my

?

Default WW2 Royal Bulgarian general's overcoat

Hey everyone,i hope you are having a great Saturday like me.
    I've always wanted to find a generals uniform or cap,but since they are extremely rare i never thought it would happen.
    Well to my surprise lady luck smiled upon me!Yesterday i was able to acquire this superb overcoat.
    Now its not as good as a generals tunic,but still a rare item.
    It belonged to a royal Bulgarian general,I'm not sure infantry or artillery.The seller unfortunately couldn't give me any info on who it belonged to.
    The condition is top,there are no moth holes,no wears and tears.
    The size of this thing is massive.
    Its only missing the shoulder tabs(no idea why),but the original stitching is there.
    I hope you like it.

-Ripper
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Royal Bulgarian general's overcoat   WW2 Royal Bulgarian general's overcoat  

WW2 Royal Bulgarian general's overcoat   WW2 Royal Bulgarian general's overcoat  

Last edited by Ripper; 03-09-2019 at 03:01 PM.

?

I also found 2 small pieces of paper with wrriten letters an numbers on the inside of the sleeve and in one of the pockets,but i don't know what they indicate.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Royal Bulgarian general's overcoat   WW2 Royal Bulgarian general's overcoat  

MAP
    ?

Pun intended but that is a "Ripper" of an overcoat!

Immaculate. Looks like it was made yesterday.

Know you have had your eye on this one. Glad if finally arrived.

Congratulations!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Taking a second look at this coat Ripper. This is really sharp looking. If you can ever find the tunic/pant/visor, it would be a fantastic set up!

Congrats again!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thanks M! I doubt i would be able to find a tunic or a visor... They are ultra rare,and we didnt have that many generals to start with.

?

And here are the shoulder tabs.
    For the moment i haven't atatched them to the coat.

WW2 Royal Bulgarian general's overcoat  

?

These boards are rather for a tunic and the condition is not as good as the coat - but can be used as filler till you find better and proper ones. That's a wonderful coat!!

?

Thanks Sokol!
    Yeah i thought they would fit a tunic better,because of the tricolor strings that hold the buttons.

Sorry to bring bad news,
    This coat is aa well made Regents Period bulgarian general coat.
    Its original ,but after 1944...

?

Quote by WaffenSS1 View Post
    Sorry to bring bad news,
    This coat is aa well made Regents Period bulgarian general coat.
    Its original ,but after 1944...
    What makes you think that waffen ss1!?
    As far as i know there are no post WW2 examples of overcoats(before 1950s that is)SO if this is a post war one it would make it uber rare.