Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

1994 dated IDF Orolite 201

Article about: I seem to be on a bit of an Israeli helmet kick the last few weeks and have recently purchased two other examples to add to my collection one of which was an M-1 with the three point harness

?

Hi James yes the M-1 shell has been known to be used in conjunction with the M 38 as they truly only offered crash protection for the user and as a medium for radio communications .

Regards Mark

thanks mark ,just checking

?

Quote by Mark K View Post
    Many thanx Gary there are a few other Israeli used helmets on my wants list I have been on the hunt for an Israeli produced copy of the US M 38 tankers helmet but they do not come up for sale very often.

Regards Mark
    You are welcome Mark, always a pleasure to see your new additions buddy

Nice lid.

?

The helmet has arrived in the mail so I thought I would update the thread with a few new pics as some of the sellers images are rather poor quality thanks for looking.

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1994 dated IDF Orolite 201   1994 dated IDF Orolite 201  

1994 dated IDF Orolite 201   1994 dated IDF Orolite 201  

just superb mark i would be proud to have this example in my collection ,thanks for the updated pictures from your famous works planter regards james

?

Thanx James I guess it just goes to prove home is were you make it I have been on the road since 4 this morning and are about half way to the Island .
    The helmet cover was on backwards when it arrived so I flipped it around and reattached it properly and I can now confirm that it is one sided as per your request to check earlier in the thread and the opposite side is not sporting a tan desert pattern.
    I will fit the Irish cover when I return next week and take a few picks.

Regards Mark

thanks mark ,crikey you have been up early ,take care out there mate ,the cover fits much better now you have sorted it and as for the irish cover no rush ,as and when you can or maybe never it's not that important ,you must be sick of my requests rest up james

?

Thanx James time for a little R&R going home to put the boat in and do a little crabbing and fishing for a couple of days.

Regards Mark

What I love about these helmets is the great variety of helmet covers being used.

Woodland cover with Mitznefet

Desert cover with Mitznefet

Israeli helmet cover

Woodland and Israeli helmet cover

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast