Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

1994 dated IDF Orolite 201

Article about: I seem to be on a bit of an Israeli helmet kick the last few weeks and have recently purchased two other examples to add to my collection one of which was an M-1 with the three point harness

?

Default 1994 dated IDF Orolite 201

I seem to be on a bit of an Israeli helmet kick the last few weeks and have recently purchased two other examples to add to my collection one of which was an M-1 with the three point harness system that I knew was a put together and I fear has the wrong liner and will have to replace it at my self over that one......
    So when this Orolite 201 surfaced in the marketplace this morning I thought I could at least somewhat redeem myself as it looks all original un-messed with and has that look of being field worn I like so much.
    The helmet is self is in a medium degree and is dated to May of 1994 and was produced by the Rabintex company and still bares its 'Tzadik' stamp SN#(00015) CN# (410-406-195) And so is not an export piece.
    The IDF Zahal Desert Camouflage cover as well is in lovely used condition and post dates the helmet by a few years and is dated to 1998 .
    These helmets were as well sold under contract and exported and used by the Oglaigh Na hEireann (Defense Forces Ireland) in great numbers and I have heard the only way to tell the difference between the two is if the latter is devoid of all tags which denotes them as an example destined for export sorry some of the images are rather poor I will re-shoot and re-post them upon it's arrival.

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1994 dated IDF Orolite 201   1994 dated IDF Orolite 201  

1994 dated IDF Orolite 201   1994 dated IDF Orolite 201  

Last edited by Mark K; 04-11-2015 at 02:44 PM.

hi mark and a great score ,well i am really fond of this example for sure and exhibits just the right amount of issued wear the hebrew labels are nice to see and all present and correct,i notice the cover has a different fitment ,mine is a simple drawstring but i see yours is similar to the us pasgt style velcro tabs i wonder if it is a reversable camo pattern cover ,mine shows green and brown but is reversable to a light tan ,ive yet to pick up the mitz nefet to add over the helmet supposedly designed to break up the profile of the helmet ,am very pleased for you and look forward to your in hand pictures if you do strip off the cover which im sure you will ,could you throw the irish cover on just to see the result ,i know i asked last time when it was fitted to the brit mk6 ,with your kind permission id like to show you a reminder picture of my example when fully decked out with all the trimmings ,regards james

?

James please do show your example and yes of course I will refit with the Irish cover as per you request.
    I am rather curious myself as to the camo cover time will tell and I am very excited to add an example to my collection it has been a good couple weeks for helmet's Indeed.
    Intrestingly enough I seen an export model this morning that has been tagged in English instead of Hebrew and is reportedly an export model from Israel to Ireland.

Regards Mark

thank you mark for the kind permission as regards the irish cover if you feel removing the idf cover will bring it to harm then just leave it be ,i hate for any breakages or rips to the material ,here is mine ,i remember myself and steve "tinhat" had an interesting discussion regarding if an export version ,apart from the lack of hebrew labels it ticked all the right boxes ,there was also a gum residue where you would find the label as shown on yours ,steve told me the labels are printed direct to the inner shell so it couldnt have been ,the probablity is though mine is an export version which doesn't bother me in the slightest ,i did have a second orlite but sold it on to a guy in japan of all places thanks james 1994 dated IDF Orolite 201
    Last edited by James C; 04-07-2015 at 06:30 PM.

1994 dated IDF Orolite 201
    Last edited by James C; 04-07-2015 at 06:29 PM.

Very nice Mark and James since I joined the forum iv began to like the more modern things

Great looking lid!....

?

Fantastic model Mark, the markings and cover are superb, it is really useful to be able to see the labels with Hebrew script too

?

Many thanx Gary there are a few other Israeli used helmets on my wants list I have been on the hunt for an Israeli produced copy of the US M 38 tankers helmet but they do not come up for sale very often.

Regards Mark

mark is it right the tanker helmet you mention is the one that is more a liner with the m1 shell fitted for protection atop ?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast