Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

2 new composite helmets

Article about: Hi again, Firstly, sorry for posting in the steel helmets section. 2 new additions to our composite helmet collection. I initially thought they were 2 of the same helmets, however when looki

Default 2 new composite helmets

Hi again,

Firstly, sorry for posting in the steel helmets section.

2 new additions to our composite helmet collection. I initially thought they were 2 of the same helmets, however when looking further i noted the obvious differences in liner and weight.

One is marked Ruska Federace, which initially made me think Russian. But after looking on websites and books i can see no evidence that such helmet was used, (main source on this link Composite Helmet, Ballistic helmets, Military helmets RUSSIA, RUSSIAN helmet, Kevlar helmet). This one seems to feel a lot heavier than the second.

The second has no visible markings and I don't want to risk damaging the liner to find one. I thought it was a German Schuberth, however, no markings. Again, using Composite Helmet, Ballistic helmets, Military helmets GERMANY, GERMAN 826 828 helmet, Kevlar helmet composite helmets index , i can see that the liner bolt, crown net, sweat band and chinstrap seem to be the same as the Schuberth produced ones, but with my untrained eye, the liner bolt also looks the same as the ones seen on Induyco produced helmets.

Any advice would be appreciated if anyone can help me
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 new composite helmets   2 new composite helmets  

2 new composite helmets   2 new composite helmets  

After searching the make of the first helmet, i believe it is czech. The following information is provided :

"This is the Russian-made Kirasa BSh-E helmet, manufactured by "Kirasa" in Perm.
    In July 2003 a set of 2000 such helmets (alongside with other equipment) was supplied by Russia to Czech Republic to repay its debt. It is likely the helmets were delivered with vz.95 and snow covers. Two sizes were supplied, 1st in 54-57 cm and 2nd in 58-62 cm.
    The shell is very similar in shape to Schuberth m826 and is made of Aramid fiber fabric and organic matrix using prepreg technology. On the back rim, there is a producer marking, stating in cyrillic "Kirasa BSh-E-1".
    Liner is very similar to that seen on Sestan Busch BK3. On the pictured helmet, the chincup is made of two straps, but more common is the plastic chincup variation.
    There is also a Czech sticker inside of the shell, stating that the useful life is 5 years (when the ballistic protection is guaranteed). With delivery in 2003, no helmets are supposed to remain in usage with Czech army. "

Source: Composite Helmet, Ballistic helmets, Military helmets CZECH helmet, Kevlar helmetcomposite helmets index

This one has the chincup made of two straps rather than a plastic cup and is size 54-57cm. Sooo, if i have got my information correct, which i hope i have, im a pretty happy person

?

Ruska Federace is Czech for Russian Federation, so the Czech manufacture fits.

nice examples vicky and can i say the first helmet is nothing that ive seen before ,the second is definately a b826 i can tell that by seeing the nosher liner system from what i know the b826 was introduced into the czech army around 1994 and possibly used untill around 2000

Quote by James C View Post
    nice examples vicky and can i say the first helmet is nothing that ive seen before ,the second is definately a b826 i can tell that by seeing the nosher liner system from what i know the b826 was introduced into the czech army around 1994 and possibly used untill around 2000
    Hi James, thanks for the info! The first one, i believe is a Russian Made helmet for the Czech army. The above link explains that Russia sent 2000 to the Czech army to repay a debt. These helmets were made by Kersa (which this one is) and seems to fit the bill pretty accurately. Here's the link again; Composite Helmet, Ballistic helmets, Military helmets CZECH helmet, Kevlar helmetcomposite helmets index . So i'm thinking/hoping its a pretty rare variant.

nice one vicky lets hope it is a rare one im also in the same quandry when posting composites within the steel helmet section ,from what ive seen so far there's quite few of us after a composites sub section,maybe one day

nice one vicky lets hope it is a rare one im also in the same quandry when posting composites within the steel helmet section ,from what ive seen so far there's quite few of us after a composites sub section,maybe one day
    Haha, a sub section would be good as there seem to be more people collecting them. I know me and James are becoming more interested in all of the variants and types. I didn't expect for this to be anything special as i picked it up in a fairly local surplus shop, so when i did that bit of research i felt quite happy with myself

?

Good point,count me in on that idea to!