Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

2013 Dated Ukrainian KASKA-1M

Article about: I am really pleased to be able to add a Ukrainian KASKA-1M dated to 2013 as produced by Temp 3000 to my collection as part of a trade with a fellow collector in Italy.. This particular examp

?

Default 2013 Dated Ukrainian KASKA-1M

I am really pleased to be able to add a Ukrainian KASKA-1M dated to 2013 as produced by Temp 3000 to my collection as part of a trade with a fellow collector in Italy..
    This particular example is sporting a four point harness and IMO has been fitted with a mesh dome pad for additional comfort that I believe to be a non-issued item and did not come with the helmet as I have yet to see another example like it on this I stand to be corrected..
    Take note it has the earlier first variation chinstrap/harness as the second variation was improved upon with the addition of a rotating buckle were the chinstrap harness webbing attaches to the side of the helmet body..
    In and or around 2014 a new camouflage pattern was introduced these covers are primarily being used on the Ukrainian made helmets...
    (This pattern is known to have been used as early as 2014 by the Ukrainian 79th Air-mobile Brigade from Mykolaiv Oblastengagement whom engaged Russian separatist in the Donbas region.
    The camo pattern called "ВАРАН" ВСУ ("Varan" VSU), consists of two main components: a green + light/brown + brown + olive coloured base, and a 3-D looking grid that helps to further break the soldier's silhouette from a distances... the information above came from a fellow collector on a different venue )
    I have included an official Ukrainian document, dated 2015, which describes this type of cover construction but I believe it to be for the second variation cover..
    I have no image of the cover that is coming with this particular helmet but will update the post with new images when it arrives in the post

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2013 Dated Ukrainian KASKA-1M   2013 Dated Ukrainian KASKA-1M  

2013 Dated Ukrainian KASKA-1M   2013 Dated Ukrainian KASKA-1M  

Stunning lid Mark and not one i am familiar with ,i can see some similarities to the US advanced combat helmet in profile and webbing assembly but looks a hefty piece for sure .
    I'm liking that interesting cover too and i will look forward to seeing your in hand pictures once it arrives mate so keep us posted cheers James

Very interesting. This type has gone through a number of evolutions, and I have not seen this specific version before. It would not surprise me to find that the mesh liner is in fact designed-in and not a user addition. See what happens when you try taking it apart - what's underneath anyway?

Also, do you find it heavy? I have one of the earlier versions and it is as heavy and solid as a rock. Don't have it easily to hand at the moment or I would include a weight.

?

Thanx for the reply James and Greg as I don't yet have it in hand there still remains a few unanswered questions in regards to the construction ...
    It does appear as if there is criss crossed webbing under the mesh Greg and I have heard that these Ukrainian Kaska 1M helmets are quite heavy from more than one collector ...

Regards Mark

?

Just thought I would update the thread with a few new pictures and as to the discussion on the mesh comfort pad in the dome of the helmet body Greg you were correct it is indeed designed into the liner assembly..
    Now as to what lies underneath the mesh the helmet body has been partially lined with a grey closed cell foam padding which you can make out in the brow area just underneath the sweat band in the one image below ..

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2013 Dated Ukrainian KASKA-1M   2013 Dated Ukrainian KASKA-1M  

Very interesting lid and a very unusual camo cover, thanks for posting.

?

Cheers Gunny it is one of my favourite composite helmets as they are not often seen and the camo pattern is quite unique in its own right...

Regards Mark

Might as well add my Kaska M variant to the thread ,this one has been through the mill and i found buried in the liner a hollow point round , the dubok cover was added for display purposes 2013 Dated Ukrainian KASKA-1M2013 Dated Ukrainian KASKA-1M2013 Dated Ukrainian KASKA-1M2013 Dated Ukrainian KASKA-1M2013 Dated Ukrainian KASKA-1M2013 Dated Ukrainian KASKA-1M2013 Dated Ukrainian KASKA-1M2013 Dated Ukrainian KASKA-1M2013 Dated Ukrainian KASKA-1M2013 Dated Ukrainian KASKA-1M2013 Dated Ukrainian KASKA-1M
    Regards James

Just to add some more information about the helmet i posted Mark ,this battle worn example was passed over by the 95th Air Assault Brigade and the wearer is from Avdiivka in Donetsk Oblast Ukraine and although he was wounded is thankfully ok
    Regards James