Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

ACH with ACU Cover

Article about: Here we go Opex. you can see that the cover is too big with the side IR tabs going under the rim of the helmet but I have seen pics of troops wearing covers too big for the helmets so it doe

?

Quote by James C View Post
    its a pleasure opex ,truly the shell finish is a work of art ,i would be proud to display it in the raw as it were ,i do hope one day to pick one up ,i might have to remorgage first though ,always great to view your fine lids james
    Thanks again James, I think I paid about £50 at the time, so on a par with the current Mk 7 sort of prices which is a helmet that is definitely on my wishlist

?

I paid almost three times that much for mine! £50 for one of these lids is a bargain! Well done Opex! Cheers, Sean.

?

Quote by seandm View Post
    I paid almost three times that much for mine! £50 for one of these lids is a bargain! Well done Opex! Cheers, Sean.
    Thank you Sean, I got mine off ebay in 2010, there was quite a few on there at the time for those sort of prices, surprisingly the ACU cover was very expensive, I cannot remember what I paid at the time but for a bit of cloth and velcro it was outrageously priced. I would be very keen to see your's if you get a chance to post it here buddy.

Regards Opex

?

I'm pretty jealous of you guys in the UK when it comes to helmets and their prices. Most Mk 6 helmets here go for between one hundred to two hundred dollars which is about 55 to 110 pounds. I've only ever seen one ACH helmet for sale here and it was two hundred and fifty dollars (140 pounds). Not to mention that ballistic rated helmets are classed as Category E weapons and require a permit to posses or import.

?

Quote by Alex W View Post
    I'm pretty jealous of you guys in the UK when it comes to helmets and their prices. Most Mk 6 helmets here go for between one hundred to two hundred dollars which is about 55 to 110 pounds. I've only ever seen one ACH helmet for sale here and it was two hundred and fifty dollars (140 pounds). Not to mention that ballistic rated helmets are classed as Category E weapons and require a permit to posses or import.

Hi Alex, I am genuinely surprised at the prices of these items, and more so specifically at the legislation/need for a permit around owing them, I always assumed the Australia was a lot more relaxed about these things, I can imagine it is very frustrating on your part!!!

Well I learned something new today, thanks Alex, regards Opex

Great looking lid and with that liner system it looks like it'd be pretty comfy to wear!....

?

Everything here, especially militaria is more expensive than everywhere else. You can get the old Australian issue PASGT from disposal/surplus stores for between 100 to 200 dollars but most are pretty beat up. I recently saw a current Australian RBH303AU or Enhanced Combat Helmet (ECH) go for 680 dollars on eBay but they are pretty rare. I'm guessing the foreign helmets are more expensive as they are near impossible to get through customs. Australia's weapons laws got severely tightened after the Port Arthur massacre in the mid 90's. Even though its a US incident, I'm pretty sure the North Hollywood Bank shootout with the LAPD in 1997 probably played a big part in the restrictions on body armour.

hi alex ,im really surprised to hear of ballistic helmets classed as weapons ,ive just read up on the port Arthur massacre as i wasnt aware of it ,just terrible what he did to those innocent people ,we had our uk gun laws revised in 1988 after the hungerford massacre when michael ryan killed and wounded many
    Regards James

?

The port Arthur and hungerford massacres were both terrible and the consequences will be felt for years to come. I think gun laws needed tightening up but some would argue that they have gone too far. As with body armour being classed as a weapon, I don't think local police are too concerned with it unless you do something silly. Customs on the other hand are quite strict when it comes to allowing them in the country. As a bayonet collector I'm just glad they haven't introduced any laws regarding them yet, although I heard somewhere that you need a collectors permit now in South Australia to possess them. This hobby is becoming harder and harder. Sorry for going off topic opex

?

I can't get over that price Opex. I just looked online briefly and the differences in prices now are vast! I can't remember exactly when I bought mine but at the time they were all between I would say roughly £150-£200. I found a guy on ebay in the UK who had one in unissued condition complete but minus cover for I think £150 and got him down to £130. I know what you mean the accessories especially covers are not easy to source at all! It's similar to what Alex said above the difference of availability and prices if you where to order direct from the US where vast, they were everywhere and for pennies but if you had one imported here in the UK they were rare and so the prices sky rocketed! I waited a long time to finally source the cover and other accessories in the UK but then hit the jackpot, I found a US soldier based in the UK who had just been issued his new multicam kit and he still had his digital/UCP cover, Nape pad, Retention straps brand new in the issue bags! I told him I wanted the lot and he sold me it For £40 if I remember right. I thought it was Christmas lol I have seen just the covers for that price or more in the past and not even in new condition. The only thing is I took what I can get on this one as the issue stuff he sold me are for the large sized ACH mine being medium but I got it to fit just as easy and I am happy with it. The most expensive accessory was the ESS goggles. Think they were £50-£60. I will post pics of mine shortly! Cheers, Sean.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast