Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

ACH with ACU Cover

Article about: Here we go Opex. you can see that the cover is too big with the side IR tabs going under the rim of the helmet but I have seen pics of troops wearing covers too big for the helmets so it doe

?

Default ACH with ACU Cover

Hi Fellow collectors ,I thought you might like to see my example of this ACH with ACU Cover,I have disassembled it down into it's component parts so I will let the pictures do the talking regarding the details, but of course feel free to ask any questions,thanks for looking

ACH with ACU Cover
    ACH with ACU Cover
    ACH with ACU Cover
    ACH with ACU Cover
    ACH with ACU Cover
    ACH with ACU Cover
    ACH with ACU Cover
    ACH with ACU Cover
    ACH with ACU Cover
    ACH with ACU Cover
    ACH with ACU Cover
    ACH with ACU Cover

?

Ohh a beauty Opex. These are one of my favorite lids & configs now and a Gentex just like mine. fantastic lid in great condition! I love the camo spray, Is that genuine? I finished mine with the issue band, Ballistic nape pad, NVG mount, Retention straps & foliage ESS goggles to match and it positively looks the mutts nuts! Cheers, Sean.

?

Quote by seandm View Post
    Ohh a beauty Opex. These are one of my favorite lids & configs now and a Gentex just like mine. fantastic lid in great condition! I love the camo spray, Is that genuine? I finished mine with the issue band, Ballistic nape pad, NVG mount, Retention straps & foliage ESS goggles to match and it positively looks the mutts nuts! Cheers, Sean.

Many thanks Sean much appreciated, like you I am very keen on this model of helmet, I was going to complete it with all of the aforementioned goodies, but due to finance's stopped at this stage, the snake skin affect is not genuine but looks a bit more interesting than the standard grey of the original finish, I had to get the cover from the US at great expense at the time ( I've had this one about four years I guess !) so it is an ongoing project, I would like to update this thread as and when I can source some more attachments!

Thanks again buddy for looking and the kind words Opex

?

Same here Opex, Originally I just got the bare ACH lid itself, That set me back enough! Then it took me about a year or more to source & buy the pieces I needed in the UK and then by the time I had the lot together it had cost me around £250. Money well spent though! I much prefer this Gentex version as well compared to the MSA ones out there, As well as the digital/UCP cover. It looks much better for display than the current multicam IMO and I think these Gentex ACH were purposely painted & kitted out in foliage green to match it as well! I look forward to seeing any future updates friend! Cheers, Sean.

?

Nice looking lid. It's a shame the camo effect isn't genuine as it looks like it would display really well which is weird as I usually prefer a helmet with a cover on.

Alex

fantastic looking helmet opex ,the snakeskin pattern is amazing i would love to stump up enough cash to buy one of these one day ,its definately on my longterm radar ,i got as far as the pasgt ,you lucky so and so ,what i like about you is your not scared to disassemble helmets and find out how they tick ,which makes for a great learning curve for all ,many thanks for sharing and a huge thumbs up from me ,james
    Regards James

?

Quote by seandm View Post
    Same here Opex, Originally I just got the bare ACH lid itself, That set me back enough! Then it took me about a year or more to source & buy the pieces I needed in the UK and then by the time I had the lot together it had cost me around £250. Money well spent though! I much prefer this Gentex version as well compared to the MSA ones out there, As well as the digital/UCP cover. It looks much better for display than the current multicam IMO and I think these Gentex ACH were purposely painted & kitted out in foliage green to match it as well! I look forward to seeing any future updates friend! Cheers, Sean.
    I relate Sean, these Helmets are frighteningly expense,not to mention the accessories to complete the "look", crazy really I sometimes relate what I could have bought in place of this helmet, but nevertheless glad it sit's on my shelf as it were. I will be looking into "kitting" it out in time, so will update as and when the money allows, thanks for your input Sean it's great to discuss a Helmet that I am confident in many years to come will be a classic a bit like the Pasgt

?

Quote by Alex W View Post
    Nice looking lid. It's a shame the camo effect isn't genuine as it looks like it would display really well which is weird as I usually prefer a helmet with a cover on.

Alex

Thanks Alex, I prefer cover's as well but for this "project" I took a step on the dark side,thanks for looking and for your input which is very much appreciated.

?

Quote by James C View Post
    fantastic looking helmet opex ,the snakeskin pattern is amazing i would love to stump up enough cash to buy one of these one day ,its definately on my longterm radar ,i got as far as the pasgt ,you lucky so and so ,what i like about you is your not scared to disassemble helmets and find out how they tick ,which makes for a great learning curve for all ,many thanks for sharing and a huge thumbs up from me ,james
    Thanks James, I have showed this one before but only in "sneak preview mode" so thought I would show it this time in more detail, I bought this one years ago when I was feeling flush and certainly could not afford one now!

There was no fear when dissembling as I really enjoy taking things apart ( I had Lego as a child you see!!) so this was a good exercise in showing the parts in more detail, interestingly each part has a label or is stamped with an NSN, but laziness on part prevented me from photographing them all.

The snakeskin spray job was based on one I saw on the net, and kept me busy for a while I guess, to be honest I wish I had not done it now as it took away some of the originality, but if I ever move it on I will be very upfront with the buyer so they know they are buying a replica as it were ( or a simpler way around this is to remove it )!!!!!

If needed I can show more detailed shots of specific parts, thanks as always for looking and for your input /support buddy

its a pleasure opex ,truly the shell finish is a work of art ,i would be proud to display it in the raw as it were ,i do hope one day to pick one up ,i might have to remorgage first though ,always great to view your fine lids james
    Regards James

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast