Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Argus Police Riot helmet

Article about: whilst not military as such, I thought this might be of interest, for sale local to me, but I did not get it, the pics are hopefully enough to show the main details, (sorry only with my phon

Default Argus Police Riot helmet

whilst not military as such, I thought this might be of interest, for sale local to me, but I did not get it, the pics are hopefully enough to show the main details, (sorry only with my phone) especially the chinstrap fastener which is the same as seen on the Para Lightweight and the Para Instructors helmets as well as some other helmets used in NI that I noticed on the Composite site.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Argus Police Riot helmet   Argus Police Riot helmet  

Argus Police Riot helmet   Argus Police Riot helmet  

Argus Police Riot helmet   Argus Police Riot helmet  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Perhaps not if interest after all.
    Regards,

Jerry

I'm sure they have a few of these in a local mil surp shop a few miles away from my abode ,I think off hand he sells them for around £5 Each

...actually there were a few (or similar) at the Newark fair today.......

Quote by James C View Post
    I'm sure they have a few of these in a local mil surp shop a few miles away from my abode ,I think off hand he sells them for around £5 Each
    They wanted £30 for it, which seemed a bit high compared to others I have seen.
    Regards,

Jerry

Sounds a tad high...but hey, a helmet for thirty quid......and if you WANT it........ ;-)

I posted the pics out of interest to the group, not really my area but the straps etc with their similarities to other helms of that date was worth a post.

I am supposed to be selling items not buying more, though I am not doing too well in that.....it just mean more to pay to put in storage when I move in a few weeks.
    Regards,

Jerry

Hahaha,

Funny where these pop up innit?

It is essentially a tricked up open face motorcycle helmet!

Argus Police Riot helmet

and the army ones were simply that with a visor added.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

I decided to pick up a similar example last year but forgot to post up at the time , i believe this type is from the early 1980's and i can also confirm as Jerry pointed out is fitted with the Para Lightweight chinstrap fastenerArgus Police Riot helmetArgus Police Riot helmetArgus Police Riot helmetArgus Police Riot helmetArgus Police Riot helmet
    Regards James