Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

ATC Helmet

Article about: Hi ,I am of no use here adding to your deep knowledge at all , but I just wanted to say that the nearest thing I ever saw to this "back in the day" were the tank crew helmets as ou

Hi ,I am of no use here adding to your deep knowledge at all , but I just wanted to say that the nearest thing I ever saw to this "back in the day" were the tank crew helmets as our Kevlar's were obviously just the bog standard shape. I love your dedication to this area as it is knowledge that needs to be retained and not "found again"!! Leon.
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway

hello leon ,it always great to hear your thoughts on any subject so im glad you popped in ,your right though i dont think there is a huge amount of differance in shell profile and headset attachments between the crewman and traffic controller helmets the only one that was slightly different you might remember was the earlier 70/80's bonedome type which had the shell completely cover the phones and mic, cheers james

Hi James , yea , now you mention it I do recall those "lumps" , they really were a heavy monstrosity!! Leon.
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123