Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bristol Armour 'brick'

Article about: This is a rather unusual production from Bristol Armour, who seem to have been a subsidiary of British Petroleum, operating out of Bristol, England. They were active during the 1980s and 90s

Quote by James C View Post
    Greg just wondering if you looked over my example i posted up
    Yes indeed I did. I find these helmets quite fascinating. I do keep an eye out for them, almost as much as I do for early Mk6. I would not encourage you to be too heavy handed with trying to get the liner out - its really just expanded polystyrene and might well break if forced. Yours is probably properly glued in - maybe done at the Yugoslavia end. I have one of these and I must get it out to check the liner - I'm not sure there is anything missing from yours. I'll be back.

Thank you Greg ,Yes your correct the foam is glued fast ,I'm certain there should be a blue liner which is missing from mine ,also on display the inner sock covering just hangs down which is quite annoying ,any ideas on what retains this normally please ,I really want to add the correct visor shield to complete the look and wonder if you know of any supplier or surplus store etc i could contact
    Thanks James

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12