Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

british avc helmet

Article about: here's my amoured vehicle crewman helmet ,most probably used from the mid 1970's onward ,ive also seen raf ground crew wear these too

Default british avc helmet

here's my amoured vehicle crewman helmet ,most probably used from the mid 1970's onward ,ive also seen raf ground crew wear these too british avc helmetbritish avc helmetbritish avc helmetbritish avc helmet

?

Great example, and one I have often thought about sourcing for my own collection.

The profile has always puzzled me, it's a weird shape but a clever design, good to see the mic boom etc is still in place, I've seen a few minus all the comm's bit's and bob's,which has put me off.

thanks opex ,i agree it definately needs to be complete with ancillaries to be worth buying

I came across an interesting period image showing one of these helmets in use, the photograph is part of a document detailing the advantages the experimental respirator No.8 (R8) had over the Service Respirator No.6 (S6). The photo is mainly demonstrating how the clansman mic is fitted, however it also features the AVC helmet and the AFV conversion kit originally intended for the S6. I'm on the hunt for an AVC helmet to try and re-create this set up

british avc helmet
    Period photo

british avc helmet
    R8 fitted with mic and AFV conversion kit

Thanks

Danny

So, I finally got my hands on a nice used, but complete AVC helmet to complete the display I was assembling based on the period photograph shown above

british avc helmet
    The AVC Helmet, Prototype R8 Respirator fitted with Mic and AFV Conversion kit, and No.1 Mk.1 CB Hood.

british avc helmet
    Close up of the Prototype R8 Respirator.

Thanks,

Danny

hello danny ,hope your well mate ,nice aquisition and superb displays as always thanks for sharing these unusual and unique and no doubt rare itemscan i ask what the lower flapped material is on the gassie
    Regards James

?

Hi Danny thanks for posting up your example with the prototype R-8 respirator it has cleared up a couple of unanswered questions for me as to the comm plug on the right side of the helmet just under the mic boom as per shown on my example.

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture british avc helmet  

Cheers James, the weather was nice and I had my decent camera with me so I managed to get outside and take some photos in daylight of what is one of my favourite set ups. The material you mentioned is the No.1 Mk.1 CB Hood, which forms part of the short lived No.1 Mk.1 Suit. The period photo I posted a few months ago appears to show the No.1 Mk.2 Suit Smock, which I do have in my collection but I can't bring myself to remove it from its original packaging, so the Mk.1 will have to do

Mark, you're very welcome, and thanks for sharing the photo of your rather immaculate looking helmet. Strangely enough, the period photo showing the R8 Respirator and AVC helmet doesn't show the Respirator mic connected to the helmet. I wonder if there is perhaps an alternative way to setting it up.

Thanks

Danny

hi mark great example too danny has some real nice experimental gasmasks the like of which ive never seen did you ever reunite the helmet with the holdall sent mate,cheers james
    Regards James

?

Hi James it nicely stored away in the bag as we speak I will try and snap a few pics after work tonight
    Regards Mark