MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

British Composite Helmets.

Article about: by Greg Pickersgill Well, why not just collect the covers then? No, seriously, I know people who do, with much more enthusiasm than they collect helmets, which as far as they are concerned a

?

Quote by Greg Pickersgill View Post
    Well, why not just collect the covers then? No, seriously, I know people who do, with much more enthusiasm than they collect helmets, which as far as they are concerned are just there to put the covers on. For me, as indicated above, covers are a damned nuisance which make proper identification unnecessarily difficult, especially on Ebay and the like when people don't seem to realise what a potential cutomer needs to know.

The orange helmet is a Canadian CG634, in the terracotta colours of the Multinational Force and Observers which operates in the Sinai, on monitoring duties. It is not a UN unit, therefore has its own livery, so to speak. Its not clear as to whether the 634 was an 'issue' helmet, or is used only by the Canadian contingent. Anyone know? (I got mine from a man in Austria, which may mean something or nothing!)

The camo-painted helmet is indeed a Singaporean C1, an early 1990s model. A number of early painted PASGT models can be seen here - Composite Helmet, Ballistic helmets, Military helmets USA helmet, AMERICAN helmets helmet, Kevlar helmet

Hi Greg, well I do collect covers as well, but only if they are used and some form of evidence of being used in conflict. Thanks for the confirmation on the Canadian helmet, I was unaware of the unit, so that adds more interst to this intriguing model.

I guessed it was a C1, one for my wish list, as is a prototype Pasgt !

I agree that viewing helmets on ebay can be very difficult when they have a cover attached, I rather like the surprise of what turns up on delivery day.

Regards

?

Quote by James C View Post
    wow opex ,i thought i had an ocd for the humble mk6 but youve got me beat hands down ,im really impressed by your collection i think the royal irish regiment desert cammo is my favorite followed by the afghan mtp /scrimmed mk6 ,,its great comparing the different liner configurations what manufacturer are the googles on the desert cammo mk6 ,the choc chip scrimmed para lid looks great as well ,,well cards on the table i have to say im with opex on the cammo covers on or off ,to me its what makes each one individual and gives a very dull looking helmet so much character but each to there own and i can see how covers can be deemed as masking the aesthetics of the helmet,on a side note and not to go off opex's thread but greg do my eyes decieve me ,on your pile i think i can see the outline of a russian 6b7 composite ,if so do you have a spare one nice collection by the way

Hi James, thanks I am glad you relate to my OCD issues... LOL

The model of the goggles is ESS, the MTP covered MK6a was a "gift" back in 2010, and is a highly treasured piece as it was used in Afghanistan!

Thanks mate.

?

Quote by Spitace41 View Post
    Opex, did the blue UN cover come with the helmet? Its just that it seems a little too big, exactly like the one I have. Just wondering if it was a manufacturing thing or whether I have the wrong size helmet lol Cheers.

Hi thanks for looking , to answer your question , and to be honest my memory is vague on this helmet, but it is the correct size cover for the helmet, a Medium if memory serves me right.

I see what you mean though it does look to big for the shell, I am not sure if they were issued in the usual sizes or just too big???

Thanks again for the query.

?

Following on from my last post in this thread....Here's a British Para helmet, in the stereotypical DDPM/Sage Green scrim netting set up, enjoy

Here's something that may be of interest - recently acquired from Ebay ( vendor has more for sale - Aviation Electricals, Martin Baker Ejection Seats items in AV Aviation shop store on eBay! ).

?

Update to this thread.

Here's a nice early 1st Edition smooth finish MK6 ,with DPM cover which I thought you might like to see, I think it blends in very well with the natural backdrop

The Regular size is ment to fit all of the small, medium, & large helmets

8415-99-978-9098 Cover, Combat Helmet Mk 6 UN Blue Regular UK/SC/4813
    8415-99-978-9099 Cover, Combat Helmet Mk 6 UN Blue Outsize UK/SC/4813

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2