Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

british gs mk6

Article about: Hi James. I could be wrong here and I have not read all posts so forgive me if this has already been said but I thought scrim and sniper tape was a recent thing done in iraq and afghan not d

many thanks for your thoughts greg ,im sorry if i have put you on the defensive ,i am a fan of these myself and perhaps the lack of interest is always good for the collector ,the early mk6 you talk of sounds very interesting ,and i know what you mean about destroying the helmet in the search for date stamps ,you cant even lift the liner to peek , as for the composite helmet section on here its beyond my control ,i have dropped the odd hint now and then most probably because i feel a bit bad for posting them in the wrong section but as there's no right section ill just keep sneaking them in under the radar there seems a few people on here would welcome a composite section but perhaps its all just a little to modern for this forum ,cheers james

Thanks nuno glad you like the brit lid no rabbits were harmed during the filming the minute i get the camera out they appear like magic ,i think every helmet ive bought and posted pictures of on here has a bunny in the frame ,cheers james
    Last edited by James C; 12-10-2016 at 09:16 PM.

evening spitace you are correct it has the mounting brackets and no i dont have the visor to be honest it came as is ,cheers james

many thanks for you comments ian ,it is much appreciated you cant get better than first hand information from somebody who had this as personal issue such a shame your cover disintergrated ,nice to know the headsets worked well with them too thanks again james

No worries James, I did find one for you so PM at your leisure and I'll send it over.

Quote by James C View Post
    evening spitace you are correct it has the mounting brackets and no i dont have the visor to be honest it came as is ,cheers james
    Hi James, nice helmet! I'm sure James wont mind me saying but we have a visor that would fit this helmet knocking around if you could make use of it?

many thanks andy for finding a chinstrap your a diamond ,and many thanks for the offer of the visor james and vicky it would be rude not to accept ,and the helmet will then be whole again ,happy days , thats the great thing about this forum people bend over backwards to help other members out, thanks again guys and gals

Quote by James C View Post
    many thanks andy for finding a chinstrap your a diamond ,and many thanks for the offer of the visor james and vicky it would be rude not to accept ,and the helmet will then be whole again ,happy days , thats the great thing about this forum people bend over backwards to help other members out, thanks again guys and gals
    No worries James! It will be much better on your helmet than sat in a box in our room! We picked it up in a surplus shop a few months back but none of our composites have the attachments and we like to keep things original We will upload some pics of it in the morning and pics of the attachments so you can see if it will fit. It looks to us like it will

Edit: James is doing some snaps now

Here you go James. It does show signs of wear (Scratches etc) but should fit nicely with your helmet. It does have a later date than your helmet (2007), but should do the job
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture british gs mk6   british gs mk6  

british gs mk6  

looks great vicky as you say the scratches will be in keeping with the overall condition of the helmet ,thank james for taking the trouble to dig it out and photograph it

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast