MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

british m76 parachutist helmet

Article about: good morning fellow lid collectors ,things have been very quite on the helmet front for a long time ,but this week picked up this composite para helmet ,i believe this style of helmet was fi

Default british helmet

good morning fellow lid collectors ,things have been very quite on the helmet front for a long time ,but this week picked up this composite para helmet
    Last edited by James C; 05-24-2017 at 08:21 PM.

Default Re: british m76 parachutist helmet

Great helmet. And if it is from who I think it is from, excellent provenance

many thanks spitace ,i think you guess correct on the previous owner ,a true gent here she is on the shelf in the brit section of the display british m76 parachutist helmet

Looking good. How old is the DPM cover roughly? is it 95 patt or earlier?

?

Hi James, very,very nice.

I like this example a lot, and with provenance even better, it appears to have a Mk6 chinstrap fitted ,which I would imagine in use was much more efficient than the original!!!

Great addition, and looks fantastic among it's brethren !!

Nice lid, I have had a few of these. Spit I think the covers were a lot earlier than '95 pattern, they came in with the Mk6 I think so 1985-ish? This one has had the foliage loops removed to make it look a bit more ally

thanks for your thoughts on this helmet ,andy i believe you nailed the correct pattern as 85 dpm the elasticated foliage straps can become quite saggy over time so i guess removed purley because of the unsightliness ,thanks for your interest spitace i find 85 and 95 pattern dpm is very similar ,thanks for your comments opex ,ive got to be honest on the chinstrap i never even thought it could be from a mk6 the subtleties are hard to distinguish to my untrained eye allthough i have heard of this style helmet being much sought after by ground troops ,from what ive heard its a very comfortable helmet to wear comparable to the latest mk7 ,i think we really do need a composite helmet section on this forum now some of the early pasgt's and these para lids for example are of some vintage now already ,thanks again james

Nice looking lid James. You got a Great collection growing.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

thank you very much eric ,glad you like

?

Totally agree James there does appear to be need for a composite helmet section, I have a few nylon,and kevlar examples myself, which I have been reluctant to show in the world steel helmet section,so perhaps there is a need for a ......world composite helmet section!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast