Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

british mk6 ddpm cover

Article about: here's a recent pickup for my gs mk6 a desert disruptive pattern material cover ,its pretty salty and has had an extra elasticated band sewn in ,i have a couple of these but in comparison th

your right there andy ,all we get as collectors of uk kit is some obscure nato serial number which means nothing and is of little help to positively id the date of manu at least with the us dsa/dla stamp it gives a definate year
    Regards James

?

I always like the non-ironing mark on the label.. You would have to have the patience of a saint to try & iron a helmet cover.. mental.. Cheers Terry.

Quote by Tango View Post
    I always like the non-ironing mark on the label.. You would have to have the patience of a saint to try & iron a helmet cover.. mental.. Cheers Terry.
    cheers terry
    Regards James

?

Hi James, early ( 1st Gulf war issue) DDPM covers had green cotton labels, then the yellow satin labels, followed by White cotton labels, the last had white nylon labels, sadly there is very little difference in the actual camo pattern, apart from the uber rare Sparse DDPM of course, great addition buddy

?

Quote by Opex View Post
    Hi James, early ( 1st Gulf war issue) DDPM covers had green cotton labels, then the yellow satin labels, followed by White cotton labels, the last had white nylon labels, sadly there is very little difference in the actual camo pattern, apart from the uber rare Sparse DDPM of course, great addition buddy
    "like" Cheers Opex, I didn't know that! Cheers, Sean.

?

Quote by seandm View Post
    "like" Cheers Opex, I didn't know that! Cheers, Sean.
    LOL..... As anal as it sounds Sean I actually spend quite awhile researching this very subject.... I need to get out more or get a life I guess ,but if it benefits fellow collectors I don't feel so embarrassed now

?

I know exactly what you mean Opex. It's our passion to spend our time researching these kind of things and as you say it benefits us other less informed collector's and I appreciate it massively as I am sure everyone else does. These are very reasons I love being on this forum sharing with and learning from others! Cheers, Sean.

thank you so much opex we have found the smoking gun great to learn from your wealth of knowledge in this field can i ask if the gold satin label i show as the 2nd issue would be mid 90's ? part of my label has been removed so i wonder if it had a name on it but im not sure ,cheers james
    Regards James

?

Quote by seandm View Post
    I know exactly what you mean Opex. It's our passion to spend our time researching these kind of things and as you say it benefits us other less informed collector's and I appreciate it massively as I am sure everyone else does. These are very reasons I love being on this forum sharing with and learning from others! Cheers, Sean.
    Hi Sean, it took a lot of research and studying different covers, but at the end of the day if my time and efforts can be shared and used by my fellow collectors, then it is worth all the effort, thanks for the compliments Buddy

?

Quote by James C View Post
    thank you so much opex we have found the smoking gun great to learn from your wealth of knowledge in this field can i ask if the gold satin label i show as the 2nd issue would be mid 90's ? part of my label has been removed so i wonder if it had a name on it but im not sure ,cheers james
    Hi James , as you know I was a Moderator on a Desert specific forum, so my knowledge of all things DDPM is quite good even though I say so myself.

Now I think your gold satin label is second addition ..meaning late 1991 issue,hope this helps

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast