Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

british mk6 ddpm cover

Article about: here's a recent pickup for my gs mk6 a desert disruptive pattern material cover ,its pretty salty and has had an extra elasticated band sewn in ,i have a couple of these but in comparison th

i know opex and a great mod you were too late 1991 is a great result so thanks for the confirmation i am glad i have an earlyish piece from the post gulf war 1 timeframe thanks again buddy
    Regards James

?

Quote by James C View Post
    i know opex and a great mod you were too late 1991 is a great result so thanks for the confirmation i am glad i have an earlyish piece from the post gulf war 1 timeframe thanks again buddy
    Many thanks James, if I get a chance I will post up some examples of the DDPM cover covering the different time frames. Quite a fascinating subject, but such a shame the MoD decided not to date items as this would help immensely

?

Here you go James, here are three common but distinctly different covers for the Mk6.

First pattern,green label, tea bag material, elastic more pink than beige, notice the colour from the camo has bled through

british mk6 ddpm cover
    british mk6 ddpm cover
    british mk6 ddpm cover

Second , shiny nylon label, the beige hues are more pink than before, elastic more a white beige in colour,notice the colour bleed is less distinct

british mk6 ddpm cover
    british mk6 ddpm cover
    british mk6 ddpm cover

Last known pattern, cheap plastic feeling label, the brown hues of the DPM pattern are darker , the elastic is more a mid tan colour, and notice the colour has hardly bled through to the inside.Also of interest is the replacement of the beige draw-cord with a black nylon one. I believe these were outsourced to China for manufacturer.

british mk6 ddpm cover
    british mk6 ddpm cover
    british mk6 ddpm cover

And the trio in issued order
    british mk6 ddpm cover

It should be noted that there many other variations and labels but these are the most common, this is still a work in progress, and I am convinced that it will take a lot more study. Hope this is of some help buddy

that is very helpfull mate and a great trio it is too thanks for taking the time to find and photograph these ,not an easy task if boxed away in storage im sure ,its all been a great learning curve for me and all involved so thanks for passing on your valuble knowledge
    Regards James

?

Quote by James C View Post
    that is very helpfull mate and a great trio it is too thanks for taking the time to find and photograph these ,not an easy task if boxed away in storage im sure ,its all been a great learning curve for me and all involved so thanks for passing on your valuble knowledge

No problem at all buddy, fortunately I have a specific storage box full of covers so did not take long to source, I have some more but they are much of a same, I tried to show the most easiest way to demonstrate them, but of course the camera never quite records what you see with the eye

?

Very interesting thread indeed. It is interesting how all covers are for the MK6 and do
    not note the MK6a.

I have the a new example of the last pattern, from 2009 which cMe with a RM helmet (2nd pattern cover with "white beige" elastic) used around by the Marine 2007 onwards.

Is it possible to date the 2nd pattern cover with the nylon label pinker tan and white/tan elastic?

Best regards,

Oli

I found this quite interesting so I've just checked my mk6. I had some difficulty as the DDPM cover was under the temperate cover which are held in place by the mines visor brackets but I did find the label to read like the second type with the manufacturer of DASHMORE CLOTHING LIMITED. It should date from about 1998.

thank you oli and bobby for your interest in my thread ,i wasnt expecting such a big response so thanks .id really like to see your examples so if you get chance post them up here helmets and all
    Regards James

british mk6 ddpm cover

This is my Mk6, you can see the mines visor bracket on one side. The Temperate cover is over the top of the desert cover but you need a spanner to remove the brackets so you can remove/change the cover.

The helmets covers and clothing that we got issued for the first gulf war had the tan coloured labels in them if that helps

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast