Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bundesheer KAZ03 Kampfhelm

Article about: Hi all Here's my Austrian Kampfhelm with current issue helmet cover (nice squaddies name tape to rear) and some "bolle" goggles for effect!!! now I wonder if you knowledgeable lot

Default Bundesheer KAZ03 Kampfhelm

Hi all
    Here's my Austrian Kampfhelm with current issue helmet cover (nice squaddies name tape to rear) and some "bolle" goggles,assault vest and 81 patt fighting knife for effect!!!
    now I wonder if you knowledgeable lot will spot what's different about this example from the photos!!!!!!!
    as externally its identical but.... internally...........
    well I'll let you decide!!!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundesheer KAZ03 Kampfhelm   Bundesheer KAZ03 Kampfhelm  

Bundesheer KAZ03 Kampfhelm   Bundesheer KAZ03 Kampfhelm  

Last edited by austromunga; 11-17-2014 at 07:00 AM.

very nice mate ,is this the french spectra
    Regards James

?

Oh I love a good quiz, and my that helmet look's remarkably like the Gallet made prototype A Spectra Helmet trialed for the French Army, but is in fact a standard Gallet made M-92 with a liner system based on the CG634 however the French and Austrians both share these models all be it in a differing liner configaration , i.e the Standard F1 design as their standard composite helmet..did I win

OK well.... I kinda cheated... as in parts... your all about right!!! ill put you all out of your misery...shall I!!!! .....
    The shell and liner is actually the Danish M92 version made by gallet, it originally had the Danish chin strap configuration, which I swapped out for a French F1 type as this is the same type the Austrians adopted.. as at the time.. and still to this day!! the original Austrian helmets are both expensive and hard to find !!
    I bought the Danish helmet for £20 and an old F1 steel pot for a tenner and "made" an Austrian spec lookalike which I'm very pleased with ...cost less than half the price I can presently get hold of a pukka one for ....and it fills a gap until the availability and prices are better on the originals!! the cover is original J.B. made Austrian issue....... worry not!!!!! I kept all the parts to convert both the other two helmets back to how they were intended!!!

Hah, you have been doing interesting things while I was out of the room! The Betraying Detail was actually the label. Anyway, I got a couple of these some time ago and when dismantling them - I can't resist, though I often need to have my partner Catherine to help put them back together (she's far more capable than I am!) - I found the peculiar embossing shown here in the crown of the shell. Unquestionably the profile of a helmet, but why. Nothing like it in any other Gallet helmet I have.

?

Sneaky, but a great idea all the same , you got me thinking so that's the main thing

Hi all
    Glad you enjoyed my little riddle .. of sorts anyway!!!
    Love the embossed Helm device!!! i just quickly dismantled mine...... just to check.... and nothing!!!
    But...I wonder.. have you noticed the appearance in your photo of wording underneath!!! is.. it........ T.G. and then maybe even some on the helmet itself I.Y.C.!!!!! ....might be just a trick of the light!!???

Hi all just received another helmet cover for the Kampfhelm its actually a French army issue spectra CCE dated 1998, the Austrian army used them as well....also fitted some snow camo I had lying around to the original Austrian issue cover.. just for effect!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bundesheer KAZ03 Kampfhelm   Bundesheer KAZ03 Kampfhelm  

ive always been fond of the central european camo ,alas i only have the french f1 helmet to display it on ,the snow camo looks very effective ,well done austromungaBundesheer KAZ03 Kampfhelm

Thanks James like your French F1 with CCE cover!!! that's how my F1 came just before I "borrowed" the chinstrap for the Kampfhelm!!!
    I also have a new Bulgarian M51/72 which came with the same F1 cover!!! it fits terrible!!! but it was free with the helmet so I cant really complain!!!!!!
    will be on the look out for a correct cover at some stage either the splittertarn or perhaps the woodland (to be different!!)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast