Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Canadian CG634 Balistic Kevlar Helmet

Article about: Very nice Chris it looks to be in decent condition A quick question concerning your Cad Pat cover is it 1 or 2 generation as the 1 generation covers are hard to come by and collectible in th

?

Default Re: Canadian CG634 Balistic Kevlar Helmet

Very nice Chris it looks to be in decent condition
    A quick question concerning your Cad Pat cover is it 1 or 2 generation as the 1 generation covers are hard to come by and collectible in there own right.
    The easiest way to tell the two apart is the early covers are made from a heavier material and the back side will be green in color the newer ones are quite light and will be a white color on the underside.

Regards Mark K

Good helmet, and as has been said *very* hard to come by. Especially in good condition; I have one that has definately been around a bit and could do with one or two spare parts and a bit of glue for the rim.

May I point the interested towards Composite Helmet, Ballistic helmets, Military helmets CANADA, CANADIAN helmet, Kevlar helmet composite helmets index where they will find some info on the second version of the 634, and also a rather startling orange (actually terracotta) 'limited edition'.

Congrats Mark!
    I know you have been looking for one of these for a while. I am happy for you that you got it at a good price.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

CBH
    ?

It looks to be a first pattern , heavy weight material and green on the underside . I can't see any date on the tag . I've had it for around 10 years or so , it was my first piece of Cad-Pat , I think that is half the reason I bought it ! LOL I'll try and get a photo of the underside if you'd like .
    Cheers Chris

?

Thanks for the comment and the link Greg some good info there, Thank's Ralph it took a while but it was well worth the wait a nice piece of kit I was actually surprised by the weight there is not much difference between my Canadian M-1 Para lid and the CG631 only about a half pound lighter.
    Please feel free to add some photos of the Cad Pat cover Chris I have both a 1 and 2 gen I will add some photos of the second for comparison a couple of shots of your Nato cover would be good to when you track it down.
    I believe Ralph has an the Arid cover in his collection possibly he would grace us with an image .

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 2017.jpg 
Views:	489 
Size:	327.7 KB 
ID:	486664   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 1891.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	340.3 KB 
ID:	486665  

I like that they added the fold down piece in the rear of the cover, that was nice to have with the steel pot, it added shade for your neck and more camo. I like the netting better than the cut outs they have for the fritz and newer US helmets, it's easier to break up the outline when you're adding camo to it.
    Best
    Paul

47th MP Co/47th Inf Div 1983-1988
    583rd Ord Co 59th Ord Bde Muenster, W Germany
    1988-1990
    Looking for P37 ammo pouch with No4 bayo frog

Sorry to disappoint you Mark, I don't have an arid cadpat cover for mine. I have a first and second generation temperate cover and a black skrim. But I think I will be looking for one in the near future.
    Here's a few photos. In the background you can see what is an individual camo screen in cadpat. I also have a winter individual camo screen.
    Also, of course my cat has to check out everything she can reach.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.jpg 
Views:	1999 
Size:	148.9 KB 
ID:	486736   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7.JPG 
Views:	782 
Size:	264.2 KB 
ID:	486737  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8.JPG 
Views:	140 
Size:	271.7 KB 
ID:	486738   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9.JPG 
Views:	126 
Size:	298.4 KB 
ID:	486740  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10.jpg 
Views:	669 
Size:	203.8 KB 
ID:	486742  
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Nice display Ralph that rigging looks to be in near mint condition
    I as well will have to see if I can locate an Arid cover for mine I thought you had one for your helmet already.

Regards Mark K

great updated pictures ,judging by the profile of the shell i can see where us brits may have been inspired for the development of our latest mk7 composite ,the liner system is very similar to the french f1 and spectra helmets

Nice lid and i think cadpat is far more superior than the ACU used by the US army.
    It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

I'm Spartacus, not really i'm Paul!...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast