Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Canadian CG634 Balistic Kevlar Helmet

Article about: Very nice Chris it looks to be in decent condition A quick question concerning your Cad Pat cover is it 1 or 2 generation as the 1 generation covers are hard to come by and collectible in th

?

Default Canadian CG634 Balistic Kevlar Helmet

Good morning gents I thought I would share my latest find a friend of mine is a serving member of are local army reserves and he brought this over a couple of nights ago to see if I wanted it .
    Apparently it has been bouncing around in a storage box in the back of a Deuce and a half for quite some time and they were cleaning out vehicles after an exercise and he came upon it.
    Once the paint starts to chip away past a certain point which is based on a percentage or they sustain any kind of damage to the Kevlar they are to be returned to company stores for disposal.
    This to me would have been a sad horrible death for this lid so for the cost of a few barley pops and a hang over it is now in a much better place (The things a guy wont do to save a piece of history a small price to pay on my part except the hang over that is )
    The helmet is in a medium size and has one of the early first pattern Cad Pat camo covers on it and a regulation issue scrim net the damage to the outer dome on the shell is consistent with the damage and wear on the camo cover and when I first pulled the cover off for a look it was full of flakes of paint from the shell it is a little beat down but I like it all the same it will make a nice addition to my collection and IMO it will display rather well.
    Thanks for looking any and all comments welcome.

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian CG634 Balistic Kevlar Helmet   Canadian CG634 Balistic Kevlar Helmet  

Canadian CG634 Balistic Kevlar Helmet   Canadian CG634 Balistic Kevlar Helmet  

?

Default Re: Canadian CG634 Balistic Kevlar Helmet

A few more photos to share well I had it apart I slipped a Cad Pat winter camo cover on it for a few photos.

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian CG634 Balistic Kevlar Helmet   Canadian CG634 Balistic Kevlar Helmet  

Canadian CG634 Balistic Kevlar Helmet  

CBH
    ?

Nice helmet , all you need now in the UN Blue cover . What are these worth these days ? I have one I'm considering selling . But I know they are hard to find .
    Cheers Chris

I think i've just found the next helmet on my to get list! Very nice helmet

?

Morning Chris yes they are still hard to come by which keeps the price up I see them dependent on condition from $165.00 to $350.00 on E bay a couple of months ago for a minty one with a Cad Pat cover.
    And yes a UN blue cover and a Cad Pat Arrid would be nice add ons.

Regards Mark K

ive got to say im really fond of these composite lids ,it looks great with the digital pattern cammo cover thanks for posting
    Last edited by James C; 03-27-2016 at 08:26 AM.

CBH
    ?

Thanks Mark , I'll post it here first if I sell it . I've got a blue cover but I was considering selling it with the helmet Cad Pad , white and UN Blue . Thought it might push the price up a bit . By the way couldn't find the spike bayonet sheath yet , still looking . Thanks for the info .
    Cheers Chris

?

Thanks James I am very happy to add it to my collection I now have representation of Canadian Helmets from WWII to the late 90,s with camo covers,nets and or skrim .
    No worries on the bayo frog Chris but I would like to see your Kevlar lid when you get time please.

Regards Mark K
    Last edited by Mark K; 03-17-2013 at 05:48 PM.

CBH
    ?

Here you go Mark , still have to dig out my UN cover .

?

Very nice example Mate, the history behind the development for these helmets,is worth looking into too, and also good the Canadian Gov, did not follow the PASGT style!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast