Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Chinese GK-82 Airborne helmet

Article about: All though these are not constucted from ballistic nylon they are still worthy of an honorable mention here there intended use was stricktly as a parachutist jump helmet and wear to be disca

?

Default Chinese GK-82 Airborne helmet

All though these are not constucted from ballistic nylon they are still worthy of an honorable mention here there intended use was stricktly as a parachutist jump helmet and wear to be discarded upon landing and to be replaced by it's steel combat grade equvilant the GK-80/A.
    They are constructed well and endowed with ample neck padding in the form of a removable flap this particular example is dated to 1982 .
    I will add a few extra detailed images upon its arrival in the post.

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Chinese GK-82 Airborne helmet   Chinese GK-82 Airborne helmet  

Chinese GK-82 Airborne helmet   Chinese GK-82 Airborne helmet  

nice helmet mark so if dated 1982 this must be an early one ,does the neck curtain offer some additional support to the neck or is it purely for the protection of the wearers head ,thanks for showing what is an interesting helmet and one for my future wish list ,cheers james

?

Hi James from the limited information I can find on these the purpose of the curtain was to offer support for the back of the neck they are reportedly quite a comfortable helmet to wear.

Regards Mark