Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

chineseT69/79 tanker helmet

Article about: by James C ive seen the soviet version used for allsorts of activitiesAttachment 687996 Blimey, I have seen it all now!!!! Good use of military kit for the equestrian market

Default chineseT69/79 tanker helmet

sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but i was really struggling to find the right one ,as its made of different material i class it as composite well ive been after an example of one of these for as long as i can remember and they never turn up for purchase so i feel i was very lucky to find this one i would say its more loosely based /copied on the soviet ww2 tank helmet design rather than the post war version ,not much is really known on these and ive found very little information on them ,it has the throat phones attached to one main strap as in the soviet design it splits ,also i notice if you look carefully the front bump pad when pressed reveals the outline of a large communist star ,there are strange markings inside the ear cups which could well be arabic and fine light sand dust remnants this coupled with the overall condition of the pin connector and wiring loom with its taped up repairs gives me a gut feeling this was used by an iraqi armoured crewman circa desert storm or later chineseT69/79 tanker helmetchineseT69/79 tanker helmetchineseT69/79 tanker helmetchineseT69/79 tanker helmetchineseT69/79 tanker helmetchineseT69/79 tanker helmetchineseT69/79 tanker helmetchineseT69/79 tanker helmetchineseT69/79 tanker helmetchineseT69/79 tanker helmetchineseT69/79 tanker helmetchineseT69/79 tanker helmetchineseT69/79 tanker helmetchineseT69/79 tanker helmetchineseT69/79 tanker helmetchineseT69/79 tanker helmetchineseT69/79 tanker helmetchineseT69/79 tanker helmetchineseT69/79 tanker helmet
    Last edited by James C; 05-08-2014 at 07:50 PM.
    Regards James

?

Hi James, well done for picking this one up, I know very little about these helmets, but you might be right about it's usage, it look's like a good quality made item too.

thanks for commenting opex for a minute i thought i was the only one who likes it it would appear to be still in use in todays chinese military albiet it in an evolved form ,i imagine the throatphones are now obsolete as i can see a revised ear phone and mic boom arrangement on these modern ones chineseT69/79 tanker helmet
    Regards James

?

Hi James, yes I did wonder why no-one had left a comment, great reference photo too which clearly show's these helmets in use

?

It's certainly something different & unique James! Very nice piece! My 1st instinct would be to put that bad boy on and run into a wall head 1st to test its protective quality's lol! Cheers, Sean.

thanks sean ,there are kind of unique as ive waited years to find one and yes i could of done with one of these as a kid the amount of times i banged my head thanks for looking mate
    Regards James

ive seen the soviet version used for allsorts of activitieschineseT69/79 tanker helmet
    Regards James

and here it is on the shelf chineseT69/79 tanker helmetchineseT69/79 tanker helmet
    Regards James

?

You have such a vast range of headgear James, Always displayed & presented so well. Fantastic! Cheers, Sean.

thanks sean ,the tankie on the right is the czech version of the soviet design
    Regards James

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast