Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Dunlop Ltd manufactured Mk6

Article about: Hi guys sorry I know this is another Mk 6 thread but apart from James C’s Mk6/6A covers thread there’s no where else to add it to. I managed to bag another early Mk6 and this one was missing

Default Dunlop Ltd manufactured Mk6

Hi guys sorry I know this is another Mk 6 thread but apart from James C’s Mk6/6A covers thread there’s no where else to add it to. I managed to bag another early Mk6 and this one was missing its maker label but I knew it was early one due to the missing holes for the riot visor to be fitted. So I took out the liner expecting to find another NP Coventry Mark and got a very nice surprise. The helmet is made by Dunlop Ltd and has the mould mark and a glued in paper label with some very nice production/contract details.
    Thanks for looking guys 👍🏻
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dunlop Ltd manufactured Mk6   Dunlop Ltd manufactured Mk6  

Dunlop Ltd manufactured Mk6   Dunlop Ltd manufactured Mk6  

Dunlop Ltd manufactured Mk6   Dunlop Ltd manufactured Mk6  

Well, as of this morning I'm the very happy new owner of this helmet, bought via ebay from a different forum user who also (ad coming!) operates this interesting website Home | Military Helmets

Here's the interesting bit - someone (redstalker?) had taken out the liner by removing the rubber rivets. Fair enough, I'd have done it myself to see the Dunlop markings. But the head part of one rivet was still in place in the liner, and I saw immediately that it was a light khaki green unlike the simple black of *every* other rubber rivet of this type I have seen on a variety of different helmet types.

Anyone else know anything about this? Is it more common than I think? And while we're at it, those people who said it was so easy to get the rubber rivets, by the bagful even, did they ever come across with anything?