Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Helmet Parachute

Article about: the follow on model from the para lightweight, though no longer called a lightweight on the label, with textured exterior to the shell and to the heads of the mounting bolts. A good used exa

Default Helmet Parachute

the follow on model from the para lightweight, though no longer called a lightweight on the label, with textured exterior to the shell and to the heads of the mounting bolts. A good used example, with a DPM Temperate GS Nk6 cover that appears to have been on there since the helmet was issued. It is dated 1999 and named to King who seems to have liked his hair grease as the strap is slippery with it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmet Parachute   Helmet Parachute  

Helmet Parachute   Helmet Parachute  

Helmet Parachute   Helmet Parachute  

Helmet Parachute  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Nice example Jerry

But I hate to be the bearer of bad news, "that hair grease" is almost certainly a mixture of cam cream, dirt and good old human bodily excretion

Ah yes, the memories!!

In this case I don't think a touch of upholstery cleaner (motorcycle helmet cleaner is perfect for this type of liner) would be considered removing patina. Rather the prudent amelioration of potential bio-hazard

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 10-11-2017 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Mark,

I am happy to leave it as it is, hopefully it and any associated lifeforms will not try to take over my home.
    Regards,

Jerry

...isn't there a song...."you say Bio-Hazard, and I say patina"?..... :-)

A nice example Jerry,
    I have a couple of similar helmets, even those left as I found them, both dating back to the year 2000.
    The used Para helmets, are among my favorite composites, for the many customizations made with the covers by their owners.

Regards
    Roberto

Helmet ParachuteHelmet Parachute

Helmet ParachuteHelmet Parachute

Very nice Roberto. I also have a soft spot for all things para and I would like to add an early smooth shell example to my collection one day, though finding one local to me for a sensible price seems more likely than me paying the online price for one these days.
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Very nice Roberto. I also have a soft spot for all things para and I would like to add an early smooth shell example to my collection one day, though finding one local to me for a sensible price seems more likely than me paying the online price for one these days.
    I imagine that smooth-shell examples are rarer, but I was thinking that in the UK, they could still find it with some ease.
    This is a common problem for all Para helmets, perhaps because they are produced in smaller quantities, but perhaps because they are more collected.
    The same thing is happening in my area, with another my favorite helmet: the Italian Para helmet M42/60, they were withdrawn from service only in the 90's, but finding a good example has become difficult and expensive.

Regards
    Roberto

Quote by OldSteel View Post
    I imagine that smooth-shell examples are rarer, but I was thinking that in the UK, they could still find it with some ease.
    This is a common problem for all Para helmets, perhaps because they are produced in smaller quantities, but perhaps because they are more collected.
    The same thing is happening in my area, with another my favorite helmet: the Italian Para helmet M42/60, they were withdrawn from service only in the 90's, but finding a good example has become difficult and expensive.

Regards
    Roberto
    The smooth shells are harder to get, especially with the early liners and straps in them....
    Regards,

Jerry