Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

IDing Kevlar Helmet

Article about: I bought this helmet on a bidding site thinking it was a Marine LWH (due to the net liner). The helmet is made out of Kevlar and has circular liner rivets. There are 3 names written on the h

Default IDing Kevlar Helmet

I bought this helmet on a bidding site thinking it was a Marine LWH (due to the net liner). The helmet is made out of Kevlar and has circular liner rivets. There are 3 names written on the helmet; "Valoez", "Capt Priyananda" and "Capt Manda". Can you ID?

IDing Kevlar Helmet
    IDing Kevlar Helmet
    IDing Kevlar Helmet
    IDing Kevlar Helmet
    IDing Kevlar Helmet
    IDing Kevlar Helmet
    IDing Kevlar Helmet

...any chance of some complete pics...of outside and inside?

Sorry for the bad pics!

Here are some full pictures:
    IDing Kevlar Helmet
    IDing Kevlar Helmet

I have come back to this several times with no real success. But the lining and chinstrap are extremely similar to that of some Indian-made MKU helmets produced about ten years ago. And some of the names are rather Indian sounding - although it has to be said that MKU claims wide export sales.

I have two MKU helmets but neither of them have shells like yours (which does resemble the US Marine helmet). But then neither of them feature on the current MKU website either, so are likely out of production (dated 2007 and 2008). Current models are not like yours either, if we go by their website - Boltfree Military Helmet | Ballistic Helmet | Tactical & Combat Helmet - MKU

One of my MKU helmets is shown here - Composite Helmet, Ballistic helmets, Military helmets INDIA, INDIAN helmet, Kevlar helmet composite helmets index - and will be joined by the other, which has an virtually identical shell and liner but different chinstrap, Real Soon Now.

Quote by Greg Pickersgill View Post
    I have come back to this several times with no real success. But the lining and chinstrap are extremely similar to that of some Indian-made MKU helmets produced about ten years ago. And some of the names are rather Indian sounding - although it has to be said that MKU claims wide export sales.

I have two MKU helmets but neither of them have shells like yours (which does resemble the US Marine helmet). But then neither of them feature on the current MKU website either, so are likely out of production (dated 2007 and 2008). Current models are not like yours either, if we go by their website - Boltfree Military Helmet | Ballistic Helmet | Tactical & Combat Helmet - MKU

One of my MKU helmets is shown here - Composite Helmet, Ballistic helmets, Military helmets INDIA, INDIAN helmet, Kevlar helmet composite helmets index - and will be joined by the other, which has an virtually identical shell and liner but different chinstrap, Real Soon Now.
    Thanks for your input! I've pinned the helmet down to two possible makers: RBR or MKU. I found this on ebay, who's looks very similar to mine: RBR COMBAT F6 MK-II HELMET, Kevlar, Ballistic Helmet, Large | eBay. The main reason I'm not 100% sure It's an Indian-made helmet is because I bought it in the US. India is a country which has a massive military and still uses steel helmets as standard so I assume they would recycle their helmets as much as they could. Unfortunately, I have no clues to the history of this helmet.

Not that this input is huge but it looks like Capt Nanda and not Manda...at least to me.

My guess is that is the short version of the Priyananda, so you really only have two names which may just be...possibly (first name) Valqez/Valdez (last name) Priyananda?

maybe this dude? looking through his photos he is part of the Sri Lankan military...I actually have friended him and I am going to investigate :P

Quote by Cessna77 View Post
    My guess is that is the short version of the Priyananda, so you really only have two names which may just be...possibly (first name) Valqez/Valdez (last name) Priyananda?

maybe this dude? looking through his photos he is part of the Sri Lankan military...I actually have friended him and I am going to investigate :P
    Wow, thank you! And I think you're right that it's "Nanda".