Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Indonesian M80 Helmet

Article about: I got this from my friend who also a collector and journalist. The soldier put it backward? No rear nape. Field modification? Soldier number and name. "Agus" with number 526250. My

Cool Indonesian M80 Helmet

I got this from my friend who also a collector and journalist.
    Indonesian M80 HelmetIndonesian M80 Helmet
    Indonesian M80 HelmetIndonesian M80 HelmetIndonesian M80 HelmetIndonesian M80 HelmetIndonesian M80 Helmet
    The soldier put it backward?

Indonesian M80 HelmetIndonesian M80 HelmetIndonesian M80 Helmet
    No rear nape. Field modification?

Soldier number and name. "Agus" with number 526250. My friend said he got this from east java maybe from the Kostrad unit
    Indonesian M80 Helmet
    Kostrad emblem

Indonesian M80 HelmetIndonesian M80 HelmetIndonesian M80 HelmetIndonesian M80 Helmet
    Some of the example, worn by the army and paratrooper albeit with no camo cover

Some of the example sold in here a year ago, different camo and complete with net

Indonesian M80 Helmet
    During Aceh military operation in 2002

Although the condition is not entirely 100 percent, but im really happy because this is named collection. I love named collection.
    Enjoy and thank you for watching.

That's very interesting! That's the same as the Iraqi M80, yes? Just essentially a very thick US M1 helmet liner that offered no actual ballistic protection? More like construction hard hat.
    I had no idea that Indonesia used them as well. And a purpose made camouflage cover for it! What a nice item.

Hi Feldgrau..I will be traveling to Solo in 2015..hope to meet you. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Any possibility of some pictures of the helmet *without* the cover?

Quote by cammobunker View Post
    That's very interesting! That's the same as the Iraqi M80, yes? Just essentially a very thick US M1 helmet liner that offered no actual ballistic protection? More like construction hard hat.
    I had no idea that Indonesia used them as well. And a purpose made camouflage cover for it! What a nice item.
    Yes it is. With no actual ballistic protection, i wonder why south korea made this helmet in the first place?
    Thank you.

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Hi Feldgrau..I will be traveling to Solo in 2015..hope to meet you. Regards Larry
    I see, i hope we can meet sir. At the same year, my friend from netherlands who also a collector will come in here too. Although he’ll visiting different town but still he ask me to accompany him, i hope both of you wont came in the same time.

Quote by Greg Pickersgill View Post
    Any possibility of some pictures of the helmet *without* the cover?
    I’ll try to take the photo tomorrow sir. It’s almost 4 am in here.

?

Hi Feldgrau, as before I also had no idea the Indonesian forces used the ROK manufactured M-80, this is a particularly fascinating example of this genre,the removable suspension modifications are quite unique, and remind me of the Taiwanese M1 designed liner suspension.

The DPM cover is great to see also,many thanks for sharing this Helmet with us, very educational thread

I see and thank you!

The without camo photos
    Indonesian M80 HelmetIndonesian M80 HelmetIndonesian M80 HelmetIndonesian M80 HelmetIndonesian M80 HelmetIndonesian M80 HelmetIndonesian M80 Helmet

The camo rear side
    Indonesian M80 HelmetIndonesian M80 HelmetIndonesian M80 HelmetIndonesian M80 Helmet

Interesting lid with a nice DPM cover!...

Lightbulb Adding infos

After digging up my old files, i found some interesting photos about this helmet. If all of you don't mind, i would add more of these.
    I think there’s 3 type of brim. No brim, standard one and thick brim like Iraqi M90.
    Indonesian M80 Helmet
    No brim and thick brim

Net only example

And i think this helmet is the same with mine. No rear nape and the same sweat band color.
    Indonesian M80 Helmet

Judging from all of the Indonesian M80 helmet i found on internet. I guess the TNI have two kind of M80 helmet. The first, complete helmet imported from abroad, one of them from ... US. Made by Los Angeles’s Ages MfgCo. Anyone ever heard this company?
    Indonesian M80 HelmetIndonesian M80 HelmetIndonesian M80 HelmetIndonesian M80 HelmetIndonesian M80 Helmet

And second, i think TNI refurbed the helmet. Judging from the liner and sweat band color also with rear nape or not. The liner band ranging from tan, black, and green. And the sweat band is in tan or black color. Also there's 2 kind of strap. With or without buckle and single strap or loop kind of strap.
    Indonesian M80 Helmet
    Green loop strap, black sweat band, with rear nape, without buckle

Indonesian M80 Helmet
    Black single strap, black sweat band, no rear nape, with buckle

Sometimes TNI put their inspection mark in there.
    Indonesian M80 Helmet
    1995/96, green loop strap and black sweatband without rear nape

Indonesian M80 Helmet
    1996/97, tan single strap, black sweatband without rear nape nor buckle

And i guess this is the latest one. Marking in 2007 with the modern ballistic style helmet type of liner.
    Indonesian M80 Helmet

Unmarked modern refurb. Complete with thick brim, new kind of strap and buckle too.

Some M80 helmet used as parade helmet too.
    TNI AD (army) eagle emblem.
    Indonesian M80 Helmet

Army star emblem.

And some M80 ended reworked as Riot helmet
    Indonesian M80 HelmetIndonesian M80 HelmetIndonesian M80 HelmetIndonesian M80 HelmetIndonesian M80 HelmetIndonesian M80 Helmet

I hope this will help.

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Interesting lid with a nice DPM cover!...
    Indeed it is. Finding this thing complete with it's liner is difficult. Im grateful my friend gave this to me.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast