Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

iraqi m80

Article about: here is another example from my collection ,its showing some damage here and there to the fibre ,im always fond of the uniqueness of the paintwork to each one ,underneath the tan paint are s

Default iraqi m80

Here is another example from my collection ,its showing some damage to the fiber ,I'm always fond of the uniqueness of the paintwork to each one of these ,underneath the tan paint are streaks of white paint ? ,out of all my examples i own they all seem have a green base paint applied iraqi m80iraqi m80iraqi m80iraqi m80iraqi m80iraqi m80iraqi m80iraqi m80iraqi m80iraqi m80
    Last edited by James C; 09-03-2020 at 05:46 PM.

Aweful quality but interesting lids!.....

?

Hi James, another excellent addition, as you know I am particularly keen on collecting these models myself ,so never tire of looking at others examples.

Pity the chinstraps and suspension is missing, but it has most definitely seen some action...another classic "bring back" from Operation Granby, nice one buddy

Totally agree with you Gary and i know your fondness for these too these tan overpainted ones seem thin on the ground these days, i'm sure you agree these do look great displayed especially en masse
    Last edited by James C; 09-03-2020 at 05:46 PM.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Aweful quality but interesting lids!.....
    James:

Besides protecting someone from windblown sand, is the fiber material good for steel travelling at high velocities with jagged edges. (I'm joking a bit in my analogy but it's a serious query).

Thanks!

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    James:

Besides protecting someone from windblown sand, is the fiber material good for steel travelling at high velocities with jagged edges. (I'm joking a bit in my analogy but it's a serious query).

Thanks!

Michael
    Hi Michael ,in answer to your question i would definitely say no but if it was good enough for saddamiraqi m80
    Last edited by James C; 09-03-2020 at 05:47 PM.

MAP
    ?

Quote by James C View Post
    hi michael ,in answer to your question i would definately say no but if it was good enough for saddamiraqi m80
    LoL... He rocks the wearing that lid!!

But ya gotta wonder who even thought of the idea for a paper mache helmet! Must have given the troops a lot of confidence when they went out into battle.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Here on display with an Iraqi issued Yugoslavian m1 ,these are basically a licenced copy of the us m9 gassie ,this one still has desert sand inside the filteriraqi m80iraqi m80iraqi m80
    Last edited by James C; 09-03-2020 at 05:48 PM.

Itotally agree Michael perhaps the mind set of the Iraqi soldier was to believe these were made of a ballistic fibre ,but hey who knows what they were told
    Last edited by James C; 09-03-2020 at 06:10 PM.

I would like to know what the removed horizontal strip of tan paint was across the front area it has the makings of an inverted triangle but not quite ,perhaps a unit marking of sorts ?
    Last edited by James C; 09-03-2020 at 05:48 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast