Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Israeli IDf Orlite helmet

Article about: Not sure exactly which model this is but it is an Orlite, probably a m76/201 but I am happy to be corrected and in fact if anyone can fill in some more details on the model and the date rang

Default Israeli IDf Orlite helmet

Not sure exactly which model this is but it is an Orlite, probably a m76/201 but I am happy to be corrected and in fact if anyone can fill in some more details on the model and the date range for this I would appreciate it.

It is copiously marked with Israeli IDF acceptance stamps and size in Hebrew as well as multiple namings on the the front and back of the camo cover and on the webbing cradle.

The cover appears to be a cut up woodlands type camo cover which is glued to the shell, looks great IMO.

I cannot find a date on it anywhere or any ink stamps on the webbing or other markings than those shown in the pics. There are some green stains that might once have been markings or removed names.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Israeli IDf Orlite helmet   Israeli IDf Orlite helmet  

Israeli IDf Orlite helmet   Israeli IDf Orlite helmet  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Nice helmet Jerry, a lot of character. Unfortunately the date stamp seems to have faded, it would have been on the line above the 1027.

Steve

Quote by Tinhat View Post
    Nice helmet Jerry, a lot of character. Unfortunately the date stamp seems to have faded, it would have been on the line above the 1027.

Steve
    Thanks Steve.

I have looked a lots of Israeli Orlites and PASGT and noticed apart from the irregular & odd use of the hyphen, the Orlites have a number sequence 410 406 and then a three digit number to end, this one has 152, 410 406 152. PASGT have the sequence 410 407 and then three numbers to end. I assume the lower the last three numbers are, then the earlier the helmet perhaps?

Another said to be early orlite has the same number, sequence and is possibly from 1976 and was posted on the composite forum.
    One you shared has the numbers 410 406 187 and is dated from 1989.
    An uncertainly dated example you shared dated 2001 has 410 406 179. this one either suggests that the numbers do not run chronologically or that this one is incorrectly dated.
    another dated to 1994 has the sequence 410 406 195, this was shared by Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Israeli IDf Orlite helmet   Israeli IDf Orlite helmet  

Regards,

Jerry

I found another two with the same possibly early markings (410 406 152) and for one of them, the seller in Israel, says it is dated 1976?
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Hi Jerry,
    At the risk of going all German helmet lot number data base anal you’ve drawn me in….

Firstly I will translate the label as best I can for your helmet.

Based on the info I can get from the labels you show and few on other sites I think I can get a correlation. I do a lot of product transfers around the world so deciphering some of this is not unusual, but I will say that I’m happy to be questioned or challenged about this, it’s all based on a small sample and we are all here to learn.

The 410.406.179 I posted I checked again and the date is 01/1988, the stamp is offset over the wording that helps with correlation.

The 410.406.XXX is a catalog or part number, this should be unique to each model of helmet, it’s my assumption that 410 is a generic prefix for ‘Helmet’, the 406 is specific to this type of helmet (407 for PASGT), the final three numbers are more specific to a model or revision of the design.

The last three digit number would change each time there was a change to the design and although there is no direct link to date, the lower the number, the earlier the production.

For your helmet part number 410.406.152, the correlation with other helmets of this number is ‘Model A’ and ‘Size M’. - For ease of reading I'm doing away with the Hebrew alphabet.

The serial number is odd, they all seem low and with only 4 digits, but they may reset each month.

Steve

Nice lid Jerry and some great info on this thread!...

Brilliant Steve. I assumed there must be a pattern to it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Another of those I mentioned, same earlyish number 410 406 152 with serial number 0391, said by seller to be dated 1978 which fits with what we know.

This seems to be an exact in form to the label on my example.

Regards,

Jerry

?

Great helmet Jerry with lots of character about it I do believe you are on the right path as to identification and it is indeed a Kasda OR-201 M-76

Regards Mark

Oh no...not ANOTHER "M76"!!!!! :-)

...he'll be along shortly.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast