Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Italian Helmet SEPT2

Article about: Morning everyone, it is quite difficult to find Italian composite helmets out of Italy, and there is not much official documentation about them, so it seemed interesting to share some exampl

Quote by Greg Pickersgill View Post
    This thread has become very interesting, especially for me as I had tended to look on al Italian compos as being essentially the same thing. We're all wrong at least part of the time.

I did a quick transale of the scans immediately above, using OCR and Google translate and a bit of Italian. Actually the second image was impossible as the original picture is poorly aligned. Anyway -

Picture 1 -

The Navy raiders use the SEPT-2 similar in shape to the American model. The two chin straps fixed in the center, at the height of the temples, and at the back are clearly visible. The two straps come together at the jaw to give life to the chin guard.

-
    Picture 3 -

5) This Lagunare ((some kind of Marine?))wears a SEPT-1 helmet. Note the lack of the overhang, at the height of the temples.
    6) The Alpine troops in Mozambique have the AF-90 ballistic vest in «desert» finish.

-
    Picture 4 -

The «Col Moschin» battalion has very special individual protective equipment. The helmet, apparently similar to the SEPT-2, offers greater protection to the cervical area and allows the assembly of a protective visor.
    Thanks, clear and precise translation useful for everyone.
    Regarding point 5: yes, the "Lagunari" are a kind of marines, but they are units that depend on the Army, unlike the San Marco Brigade which belongs to the Navy.

Regards

Default Tecno fibre tf 89

I finally managed to find one: TECNOFIBRE TF 89 model, one of the first, if not the first model of the composite helmet distributed to the Italian armed forces.
    Used in Kurdistan in the Airone mission and then in Iraq with the first aliquots of the Folgore Brigade.
    Too bad it's a small P size, as you can see from the felt-tip writing inside -227 P-
    if I can I will try to exchange it for a size M otherwise I will put it on sale.
    the shell is made in a very good way, while the whole part to fasten it is of an impressive inconvenience, but still very well done.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Italian Helmet SEPT2   Italian Helmet SEPT2  

Italian Helmet SEPT2  

A good find, a nice and rare helmet now difficult to find in good condition!

Hi, my RBR with mistaken tag (TP instead of FA):

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8