Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Italian tank crew ACH helmet

Article about: Hello to all, I want to share with you this tank crewman's Italian helmet, it is the Italian copy of US ACH M38, it has been widely used by Italian crews of tanks M47, M48 and Leopard 1, fro

Default Italian tank crew ACH helmet

Hello to all,
    I want to share with you this tank crewman's Italian helmet, it is the Italian copy of US ACH M38, it has been widely used by Italian crews of tanks M47, M60 and Leopard 1, from 60s and until to 90s.
    This example is one of last productions for the Leopard 1 crews, 1994 dated.
    I also add a plaque souvenir, relic of the Cold War years.

thanks for looking
    Roberto

Italian tank crew ACH helmetItalian tank crew ACH helmetItalian tank crew ACH helmetItalian tank crew ACH helmetItalian tank crew ACH helmetItalian tank crew ACH helmet
    Last edited by OldSteel; 10-02-2016 at 08:03 PM. Reason: add photo

Nice tank helmet Roberto and associated plate I find it interesting to see this type of design still used so late on as 1994 ,your example seems time warp condition and as always your photography skills are a delight to view slightly off topic I'd like to share my USA euro tank helmet again in the style of the US m38 this would see use by US tank crews stationed in germany in the post war years as a gap filler before the introduction of the cvc's , i have finished off with nato spec m44 style dust goggles ,also It's interesting to learn of the longevity of the standard exported panzer 1 Can i ask if italy upgraded there tank inventory with the leopard variants and did the leopard 11 battle tank ever enter service
    regards James Italian tank crew ACH helmetItalian tank crew ACH helmet

Quote by James C View Post
    Nice tank helmet Roberto and associated plate I find it interesting to see this type of design still used so late on as 1994 ,your example seems time warp condition and as always your photography skills are a delight to view slightly off topic I'd like to share my USA euro tank helmet again in the style of the US m38 this would see use by US tank crews stationed in germany in the post war years as a gap filler before the introduction of the cvc's , i have finished off with nato spec m44 style dust goggles ,also It's interesting to learn of the longevity of the standard exported panzer 1 Can i ask if italy upgraded there tank inventory with the leopard variants and did the leopard 11 battle tank ever enter service
    regards James Italian tank crew ACH helmetItalian tank crew ACH helmet
    Thanks for your comment James, very nice even your example of Euro M38, its color is more similar to US version.
    I'm not an expert on this type of helmets and even of Italian armored vehicles, but also I was convinced that the ACH helmets were abandoned long time ago, but the discovery of this mint condition example, 1994 dated, gave me the certainty of his use at least until that date.
    I state that my knowledge of English language is not very good, so I hope I have understood your question and I hope to give you an adequate answer:
    The Leopard 1 tanks in 1A1-1A2-1A5, used by the Italian Army, I think that they are currently all deleted from inventory, perhaps remains in use some trainer exemplary or special versions (recovery, engineers ...) made on the basis of the Leopard hull.
    The Leopard 2 was evaluated but it was preferred a national project.
    Today the MBT component of Italian Army is based only on the tank line of domestic production " C1 Ariete".
    This link is interesting, unfortunately it is only written in Italian language:
    C1 Ariete - Militarypedia

James I hope I have correctly answered your question.

Regards
    Roberto

Perfectly Roberto and thank you for clearing up my query and also for the link you have provided ,very good of you my friend

?

It was mine in 1983 "Lancieri D' Aosta"

Hi Decima,
    Interesting piece and very well preserved.

?

LEOPARD A1

Another wall plaque

?

Lancieri di Aosta 1983

My GOD I've been searching for one of these in a 60 (7 1/2). Where can these be found?

?

Quote by Franz20 View Post
    My GOD I've been searching for one of these in a 60 (7 1/2). Where can these be found?
    Hi, take a look on ebay

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast