Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

kpot original? and value?

Article about: I bought this kpot from antique dealer in here. There's a stamp "M" below the helmet dome. And my question is, is this kevlar helmet original? If it's original how much it's value?

Default kpot original? and value?

I bought this kpot from antique dealer in here.
    There's a stamp "M" below the helmet dome.
    And my question is, is this kevlar helmet original? If it's original how much it's value?
    Thank you for the advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture kpot original? and value?   kpot original? and value?  

kpot original? and value?   kpot original? and value?  

Default Re: kpot original? and value?

Original? probabably is , but I don't think US unless been it has been re-lined. The chin strap 3 rivet arrangement I am not familiar with nor the M-1 helmet style webbing. I know other countries have cloned the US K-Pot...Isreal I belive....maybe?

Thank you for the info sir. So do you know the value of this helmet?

I would have no idea what the value is, I'm not even sure what the actual helmet is, just sorta sure what it is not. The experts will chime in I am sure. Good Luck!

Thank you again sir.

That's an interesting and unusual helmet. I would bet good money this is a helmet used by the Singaporean Armed Forces, made by International Scientific (probably in Singapore, possibly in South Korea). I don't know for certain whether tis is still in front-line use, but it certainly was an issue helmet in the 1990s and early 21stC. You can see an example here - Composite Helmet, Ballistic helmets, Military helmets SINGAPORE, SINGAPOREAN helmet, Kevlar helmet (scroll down to PASGT CLONE). I also have one of these. Of course it is possible the same model was used by a nation other than Singapore, perhaps even Indonesia!

As to value (why *is* this important unless you want to sell it?) all I can say is it is hard to get and would be sought after by any SAF or general composite collector. So saleable, definately, but whether you'd finance your next holiday with it is debatable. Especially as it lacks its chinstrap.

Greg Pickersgill

Thank you for the information greg. So is it have the value more than US$ 100?

?

I think the value of this is how much some individual will be willing to pay for it. As with many collectibles. You know, "one mans garbage, another mans treasure". Nice lid.

Thank you datrus.