Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

latest french pickup

Article about: for my gulf war 1 display a 1987 dated f1 with salade cover the helmet has the usual dents over the crown a french tradition ive heard enjoy james

Default latest french pickup

for my gulf war 1 display a 1987 dated f1 with salade cover the helmet has the usual dents over the crown a french tradition ive heard enjoy james latest french pickuplatest french pickuplatest french pickuplatest french pickuplatest french pickup

?

Default Re: latest french pickup

Very nice James, I have one with exactly the same set up, with the Salade and door trim etc !

Personally I always feel the more dented they are the better, it shows they have been used in a conflict or two. I do not not like pristine lids as much,so yours is cool.

As ever your general display's are fantastic Mate.

thanks opex i knew you would appreciate her ive also heard if true i dont know but often when jumping the helmet would hit the deck long before the para whether it was a problem with the chinstrap arrangement i dont know but ive seen a lot taped up with pvc insulation tape ive seen your example and very nice it is too thanks for popping in james

?

Yeah,that makes sense, I have sourced a few over the years where the straps have been taped, some would say this is to create a personalised fit, but your theory is sound.

found this nice referance picture showing french sappers removing mines from a kuwaiti beach following the 1991 gulf war ,latest french pickup

?

Great reference picture James, I am guessing even though the picture is B&W, these French troops ( possibly legion) are wearing the salade brown side out!!!

Tre' Bon Monsieur !!