Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Marine LWH complete

Article about: here's my now complete LWH Ive been waiting for the goggles to turn up & after nearly 3 weeks they finally did so to start i would like to say i did make a boo boo with the cover i order

?

Cool Marine LWH complete

here's my now complete LWH Ive been waiting for the goggles to turn up & after nearly 3 weeks they finally did

so to start i would like to say i did make a boo boo with the cover i ordered it off a site called USMCBLUES but like an idiot failed to ask them if they were the new or old type before i placed the order so when it turned up it turned out to be the new type but im going to make do with what Ive got & it looks OK for display Ive also taken the liberty of emulating the use of cable ties as goggle retention devices let me know what ya think is it or .

here's how it was when i got it

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/world...helmet-170430/
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Marine LWH complete   Marine LWH complete  

Marine LWH complete   Marine LWH complete  

Default Re: Marine LWH complete

Ah, another great piece! I have been waiting to see this complete ever since you posted the LWH in its original state. I have always liked USMC stuff. Now that I have a chance to ask, I have noticed on several pictures with a ACH or an LWH, that the foliage band has some small knots on the side, very much like the goggle retention straps you have made, but almost like just for the foliage band?

?

here's some pic's of them in use.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Marine LWH complete   Marine LWH complete  

Marine LWH complete  
    Attached Images Attached Images Marine LWH complete 

?

Quote by Poromies View Post
    Ah, another great piece! I have been waiting to see this complete ever since you posted the LWH in its original state. I have always liked USMC stuff. Now that I have a chance to ask, I have noticed on several pictures with a ACH or an LWH, that the foliage band has some small knots on the side, very much like the goggle retention straps you have made, but almost like just for the foliage band?

cheers mate its taken some time for all the parts i ordered to turn up that's the problem with having to order them from the US. Ive seen those also but i don't know what they are or even if they're an issued thing or something they came up with their selves Ive never come across anything like them for sale ?

For some odd reason all the pictures I have seen with one of those things in use have evaded my eyes in my search, so I cropped this from a ArmA promotional poster.Marine LWH complete

?

here's a couple

Marine LWH complete  

Back to the LWH What differences are there between the new and old type covers? I only noticed that the new type cover you posted has the front wrinkled?

?

theres not much difference between the old & new type covers the biggest is the tabs that fix it to the inside of the shell the new type has all Velcro tabs for the padded liner system as the ACH helmets have & the old versions have the same tabs as the PASGT covers would have had.

new type
    Marine LWH complete

old type
    Marine LWH complete

looks superb nick well done mate im also liking the zip ties as goggle retainers would this be a field modification and ive enjoyed viewing all those superb photos

How did you attach the cover? I have a replica MARPAT cover for my replica MICH and it has the velcro tabs that attach to the round patches on the inside, I cant think of a way to attach the tabs to the liner the LWH has?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast