Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

mint British Mk 6A

Article about: My 2008 dated Mint MK 6A with comfort pad kit fitted, MTP Mk 6/7 cover and repro NV mount... also just added an MTP scrimed up net helmet cover... shown next to my Falklands style Turtle kee

Default mint British Mk 6A

My 2008 dated Mint MK 6A with comfort pad kit fitted, MTP Mk 6/7 cover and repro NV mount... also just added an MTP scrimed up net helmet cover... shown next to my Falklands style Turtle keeping up the scrim tradition!!!!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mint British Mk 6A   mint British Mk 6A  

mint British Mk 6A   mint British Mk 6A  

mint British Mk 6A  

very nice mate ,im enjoying seeing more and more from your broad range of headgear

?

Great looking example!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

the mtp scrim looks great ,is this similar to the type found on the mk7

?

Very nice ,I have one of these models very similar to yours minus the scrim, which I sourced off a RMC mate who wore it in Afghan

Thanks guys.. glad you like it!!!! I went to a surplus store on my day off!!!! and was lucky enough to catch the new delivery of fresh items back from Afghan.. it could well be MK 7... but as soon as I saw it coming out of the box I knew I had to have it!!!..they also had the more common scrimmed up MTP covers...but this is just a helmet net that has received the scrim treatment!!! I've searched all over... no makers mark on the net though!!! is this issue????
    whilst I was there i also scored a well faded and worn British army issue cats eyes helmet band marked with the squaddies number and blood group, and regiment II Para!!! and last but not least four Austrian issue!!! (in a British surplus store of all places!!) helmet nets one very early M58 with the woven net base!! (first one I now have!!) two mint unissued M75 type!!! and one ratty M75 (still like it though!!!)...now posted in the appropriate places!!! here Early Austrian M58 liners
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mint British Mk 6A   mint British Mk 6A  

mint British Mk 6A  
    Last edited by austromunga; 02-08-2015 at 06:37 PM.

nice finds mate ,the woven netting looks very reminicent of the cold war eastern block nets ,the likes issued to poland and east germany at the time ,nice to see close up images ,cool band too especially with the writing