Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mk 6 A

Article about: Really pleased to finally add a Mk 6 alpha composite to the collection ,I'm particularly fond to add issued examples over mint condition and this named example ticked all the boxes ,It shows

Default Brit composite

Really pleased to finally add a Mk 6 alpha composite to the collection ,I'm particularly fond to add issued examples over mint condition and this named example ticked all the boxes ,It shows some frontal damage to the rim exposing the balistic weaving , This heavyweight will complete my small MK6 timeline grouping alonside my mk6 trials and GS mk6 Mk 6 AMk 6 AMk 6 AMk 6 AMk 6 AMk 6 AMk 6 AMk 6 AMk 6 AMk 6 AMk 6 AMk 6 A
    Last edited by James C; 11-27-2016 at 12:19 PM.

Fitted this early scrimmed Mk 7 Helmet cover in the multi terrain pattern Mk 6 AMk 6 AMk 6 AMk 6 AMk 6 A

A Stoneleigh acquisition......

A covered 2009 Mk 6A with a twist.....part of a para liner has been fitted for improved comfort. I've seen a number of these and have a similar earlier Mk6 too. The para headband is held in place by bolts through the visor mount holes (see last pic)

It's a nice been-there-done-that item......

Mk 6 AMk 6 AMk 6 A

What a superb conversion and the first I've seen of it .Cracking helmet composite

Thanks James.....They crop up..but usually hiding in with other Mk6 and 6As...in both cases I've been sorting through piles of Brit lids and only really noticed when I've tried to find the inner labels

I also like the way the chinstrap has been modified too with the snap connectors as you would find on a webbing utility strap ,any thoughts on the rear mount and also i notice the reinforced ear section seems to be made of a different material or is it just a different colour

This is quite a common refit by Airborne troops wanting to stand out from normal troops , this all started when the order came out stopping the Parachute helmet being worn on Ops as it wasn't fit for combat use as it offers no ballistic protection

That's interesting - thank you. I'd been told that it was non-SF guys sexing up their standard issue kit to improve comfort...after all you can only tell the difference when the lid's off....'both interesting views - thanks again.

The rear strap mount looks standard and I've got others with rings attached but this one's nice with the snap-catch. I can't make out anything different around the ears James...perhaps it's just the pic...but shout if I've missed the point

Thank you Kradman and very interesting to read about this conversion and its usage and I'm to say the first I've seen referance too ,Having said that i was aware of the chinstraps being swapped out between the para and ground troops ,my para lightweight has had a mk6 strap upgrade during its lifetime .
    Thank you too Composite for making me aware of the conversion and love the fact it is not a shelf queen and has seen some real issued usage as for the cover with my eyes the ear sections seem to be of a different thicker material and black in colour Mk 6 A

ah...'see what you mean now.....the side of the cover...my mistake. I think the one side has the reinforcement bit which just happens to have come from a dark patch of DPM

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast