Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Modded CVC helmet

Article about: Hello all, I hope you've all had a fine holiday season, along with some much needed rest. Anyways, today I am wondering about this cvc helmet. It appears to have been modded with padding and

Default Modified CVC helmet

Hello all, I hope you've all had a fine holiday season, along with some much needed rest. Anyways, today I am wondering about this cvc helmet. It appears to have been modded with padding and a retention system. An odd camoflage has also been added to it, which is what caught my attention. So my question is, who could have modded and used this helmet? Perhaps an airsoft junkie or private military contract personnel?

It humors me to see the helmet placed backwards on the mannequin head, I can't imagine that doing much good
    Modded CVC helmetModded CVC helmetModded CVC helmetModded CVC helmetModded CVC helmet

Your thoughts are much appreciated, happy holidays to you all!
    Last edited by Perspectivist; 12-27-2012 at 01:26 AM.

Default Re: Modded CVC helmet

hi as a collector of british cvc's i cant really comment on this us one but to me it looks original ,the innerside shows its made from a composite material maybe kevlar so isnt a copy ,and it looks like its had the the comfort pads upgrade .i would pass though and look for a more complete original which has the headset and mic attachments it will be more desirable also go for an unsprayed original if you can its hard to say if this was done in the field ,or by a hobbyist ,hope this helps james

Yours is the outter hard shell of a US CVC helmet used from the early 1970's through the late 1980's. Here is an example of ours complete CVC helmet for referance:

Modded CVC helmet

Modded CVC helmet

Regards,

Russ & Son

Just my thinking Col James, I decided to pass on it in wait of a more complete model. I've seen a few cvc "upgrade" guides from enthusiasts over the internet. I am trying to make up for an auction of a tc-2002 helmet that I missed out on not that long ago, it went for about 50 USD The least I've seen one of it's condition go for was at the 300-400 price range. Granted, I might had sold it to fund other areas of my slowly growing collection, but it still hurt :/