Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

More French F1 Helmets.

Article about: Hi Guys. Thought you might like to see more of my F 1 Helmets. Feel free to comment, and thanks for looking. Opex. F1 with M-64 Jacket hood. Of the type used in Beirut F1 with Salade cover.

Am I the only one who thinks these are virtually identical to soviet ssh40 helmets? I've looked at a French and Czech helmet side by side before realising what the f1 was and it honestly just looks like a Russian variant.

Quote by angus1235 View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks these are virtually identical to soviet ssh40 helmets? I've looked at a French and Czech helmet side by side before realising what the f1 was and it honestly just looks like a Russian variant.
    I spend more time than is good for me trying to find similarities between helmets, and I have to say I have never seen anything that connects the F1 and the ssh40, or Hungarian M50, Czech vz53, Polish wz50... .

Obviously they are all 'ball' helmets (the original of that design being the Italian M33) so there's always going to be a generic similarity of shape (like with the Swedish M37) but there are enough specific differences to make the F1 stand away from the crowd. (NB the Czech vz53 and the Russian ssh40 are certainly not identical, either.)

I'm always keen to find similarities, but I think we're stretching it a bit on this one.

Quote by angus1235 View Post
    I agree with Greg P, the French F1 shows very little connection or similarity to the Russian M40 helmet

The F1 is very compact, only one size shell, the steel is very soft and dents easily, has a seam that goes around the brim, and has a completely different design liner system and chin straps

the compact design almost reminds me of a tankers or armored vehicle crew helmet in my opinion

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123