Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

More French F1 Helmets.

Article about: Hi Guys. Thought you might like to see more of my F 1 Helmets. Feel free to comment, and thanks for looking. Opex. F1 with M-64 Jacket hood. Of the type used in Beirut F1 with Salade cover.

?

Default More French F1 Helmets.

Hi Guys.

Thought you might like to see more of my F 1 Helmets.

Feel free to comment, and thanks for looking.

Opex.

F1 with M-64 Jacket hood. Of the type used in Beirut
    More French F1  Helmets.
    F1 with Salade cover. of the type used in Op Daguet.
    More French F1  Helmets.

?

Default Re: More French F1 Helmets.

And some more, hopefully these show the variations of covers used in various conflicts of the Forces armées françaises.

This one has a Daguet cover ( Desert Storm) 1991.

More French F1  Helmets.
    More French F1  Helmets.

This one has a CCE Cover.

More French F1  Helmets.
    More French F1  Helmets.

This one has the second Version of Desert cover ,used from 2001 onwards. Second Gulf War.

More French F1  Helmets.
    Attached Images Attached Images

?

Guy's ,This F1 is 3e Régiment étranger d'infanterie.( 3rd Foreign Infantry Regiment), The regiment is stationed in French Guiana.

Hope you like this one, as it's one of my favourites!

More French F1  Helmets.
    More French F1  Helmets.
    More French F1  Helmets.
    More French F1  Helmets.

Superb collection of F1's opex im really enjoying the range of covers available ,the Daguet cover looks superb and the cce pattern is on my distant want list , i will follow this thread as i never tire of french f1's and if you don't mind i would like to add my F1 with 1st gulf war Daguet cover, regards james More French F1  Helmets.More French F1  Helmets.More French F1  Helmets.More French F1  Helmets.More French F1  Helmets.More French F1  Helmets.
    Last edited by James C; 02-26-2024 at 06:26 AM.

?

Hi James.

Many thanks for the praise, and I don't mind you posting your superb example at all, in fact I'm glad you have, perhaps the other members will post their examples in this thread too, it would be great to build up a reference point of all things F1.

The CCE pattern covers occasionally come up on UK ebay, quite often on france ebay ( where I believe I got this one if memory serves me well). I am a huge fan of French militaria ( as you've already guessed) so if I come across another soon,I will give you a heads up.

I always get a bit over-excited by straplines declaring something like "More F1 helmets" as I leap to the conclusion this is going to be a new variant I didn't know. And then it turns out to be not a new helmet but a new camo cover. Oh. As you can probably tell I'm not especially interested in camo covers...

Mind you, reading this thread did impel me to do a bit more research, and building on Opex' recent illustration of the Gendarmerie version of the Mle51 I did find that the Gendarmerie versions of the F1/ser1 and /ser2 are indeed rather different from the standard military issue. See here - .: World War Helmets - Casque Casque F1 Gie :. - at the endlessly useful World War helmets site. So, really, this thread has been most useful to me after all, it has prodded me into doing a bit of easy and elementary research I hadn't had the energy to do before. Great stuff!

Now then, as I understand it there are a number of pre-production test versions of the F1 series, and also some export versions...what can anyone show us about them then eh? Opex?

Great link Greg with some superb reference photos so thanks for sharing ,i know you are not a fan of camo covers and i can see where your coming from as i suppose to the purist we should be looking at the helmet and not the cover , i am only aware of two series of the F1 mainly in liner differences so you've got me researching further
    Last edited by James C; 02-26-2024 at 06:28 AM.

?

Quote by Greg Pickersgill View Post
    I always get a bit over-excited by straplines declaring something like "More F1 helmets" as I leap to the conclusion this is going to be a new variant I didn't know. And then it turns out to be not a new helmet but a new camo cover. Oh. As you can probably tell I'm not especially interested in camo covers...

Mind you, reading this thread did impel me to do a bit more research, and building on Opex' recent illustration of the Gendarmerie version of the Mle51 I did find that the Gendarmerie versions of the F1/ser1 and /ser2 are indeed rather different from the standard military issue. See here - .: World War Helmets - Casque Casque F1 Gie :. - at the endlessly useful World War helmets site. So, really, this thread has been most useful to me after all, it has prodded me into doing a bit of easy and elementary research I hadn't had the energy to do before. Great stuff!

Now then, as I understand it there are a number of pre-production test versions of the F1 series, and also some export versions...what can anyone show us about them then eh? Opex?
    Hi Greg, yep I got the impression your not too keen on camo covers, but bear in mind F1 helmets were never worn without a cover, so camo covers are fundamentally important to encapsulating the F1 evolution, therefore of interest to other collectors in regards to the cover variants.

The site you created a link to is one of the best out there, and believe me if I had a pre-production / trial version from the Dunois Factory, I would have shown it here already, so sorry to disappoint you, but the F1's I own are as good as it gets I'm afraid.

And I am very glad this thread was useful to you, I aim too please.

Opex!

Hi Opex and i am sorry for all the questions but was wondering if you could tell me more info on the F1 lid 2nd photo down from the top ,the one with the salade cover ,is that the bare shell underneath and is it my eyes and if so is it a salmon colour ? was this paint applied in the field as a one off
    Last edited by James C; 02-26-2024 at 06:29 AM.

?

Hi James.

Yes it does appear to be Salmon pink in the Picture, LOL.

I got this F1 from France , and this is the way it came, I guess it could be A- A legion Lid, B- A French Airsoft piece
    ( not so good). I have previously posted this one on another forum, and the general consensus is that it is a legion lid.

Thanks for the question, and for looking.

Opex.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast