Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Multi Camo Painted PASGT

Article about: I thought I might share a recent acquisition with the group I very recently bought a grouping of composite helmets from an advanced US collector and there were a couple of real gems in the g

?

Morning James sorry for the late reply have been at home and camping with minimal to no internet I will post up what information I have ASAP..

Regards Mark

Mark no rush ,when life permit's ,we too have been busy for the school summer holidays period ,We got in a few night's camping under the stars ourselves hope you are well sir

?

We as well were up at the lake for a few days and touring around the Island with my mom and dad ...

Regards Mark

Quality time with the folks ,sounds lovely mate ,i bet you cherish every second of your time when together

?

Yes it has been a number of years since I had been out Camping with my Mom and Dad we spent some quality time out in the boat fishing for trout ...

Regards Mark

Hooking up with my folks tommorow Mark ,looking forward to it ,life can be so hectic at time's ,back to the pasgt i bet you still pinch yourself for landing such a nice addition to your collection ,Id sure like to see this on my shelf

?

Hi James yes I am quite pleased to have this example on my shelf US Composite helmets are quite new to me and have just recently added a few to my collection so have not had a lot of time to sit down and research them yet...
    As to Gibraltar Industries I do believe that they were one of the earliest producers of the US PASGT and had an extensive RD program and early on were dabbling in different composite materials other than Kevlar and had put forward some prototype helmets for testing some of which were sporting different variations of camouflage patterns that were applied to the helmet body...
    This link to Greg Pickersgill's web page on US Composite helmets show some excellent examples of said prototype and early helmets and makes for some interesting reading...
    Composite Helmet, Ballistic helmets, Military helmets USA helmet, AMERICAN helmets helmet, Kevlar helmet

Regards Mark

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2