Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

my b826 composite

Article about: Excellent looking duo James, I like the look of the covers you managed to pick up, just out of interest did the M-53 cover has holes for the chinstraps to go through mine didn't and it puzzl

Great 826 there James ! as Gregg states German, the companies of INDUCYO and SCHUBERTH being the BW contractors of choice for their Gefechtshelms ..............What a variety of covers you have ! ...........I must get myself another 826 for my UN cover !
    Quite common to find "para cord" or boot lace threaded around the flecktarn and wusterntarn helmet covers for holding extra cammo items, such as scrim/foliage etc.
    Prost ! Steve.
    "The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."
    G.W. Steevens - The Daily Mail (1897)

?

Quote by Greg Pickersgill View Post
    Getting the liner out is easy enough, its getting it back in again that is somewhat testing. To be honest I'm really good at taking helmets apart, but useless at putting them together again. I am fortunate in that I can hand that over to Catherine, my partner, who is much more adept than I (she fixes the car, works with computer hardware, does a bit of plumbing...she just has a supernatural way of seeing the relationship between what to me has become a heap of dissociated parts...) But that being said, the 826 really is a bit fiddly to reassemble. Fortunately you almost certainly will not need to do it except out of idle curiosity (my downfall). The variants can usually be identified without the aid of a screwdriver - see here for some hints - composite helmets index .
    Thanks for the hints and tips and the link Greg. I am sure this will come in handy. I hope I will not have to disassemble the liner,but I get frustrated if I can not correctly identify an item, and the picture provided of my recent purchase on ebay does not clearly show a label like the German model, so I suspect it might be a Belgium model ?, but of course until it arrives I will not know one way or the other...ahggh the frustrations of buying on- line, but that is another frustration I have which can only be solved by the postie getting him/herself motivated

One thing for sure, I will be referring to the link provided,kind regards.

thanks opex ,to be honest ive never tryed to remove it and the labels always seem to be visible below the liner ,sean i highly recommend purchasing an example ,you wont regret it ,thanks greg for you valuble input ,thanks steve for the nice compliments and the confirmation on the makers ,i know you have a lovely example too ,and yes i remember your un cover its well worth displaying on another 826,im keeping it in the desert cover as its my favorite patternClick image for larger version. 

Name:	010.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	224.2 KB 
ID:	668166Click image for larger version. 

Name:	006.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	233.4 KB 
ID:	668162Click image for larger version. 

Name:	007.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	222.1 KB 
ID:	668163Click image for larger version. 

Name:	008.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	228.4 KB 
ID:	668164Click image for larger version. 

Name:	009.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	251.5 KB 
ID:	668165Click image for larger version. 

Name:	013.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	196.9 KB 
ID:	668167

?

Thanks for the advice James, my helmet arrived today and having had a cursory look at it, I think I will leave dissembling the liner from the shell until I am more focussed and awake,but think it is held in place by three bolts, as I suspected there are no obvious labels to aid my identification, but after looking at Greg's most informative site, I am 99% certain mine is not German, Belgian,etc but a Induyco made Dutch M95 NL...but of course until I get the liner out I can't be 100% sure,but the clues are there.

You know what's typical I have both B826 Flecktarn and Tropperntarn covers , a Belgian B826 Jigsaw pattern cover, but no Dutch M95 covers......ebay I am relying on you now!!!!

Regards Opex.

Gents markings in a Belguim M95 made by Schuberth not the same as BW M826....................Image courtesy of "Drop Zone Military Equipment".
    prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$_58 (10).JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	669690  
    "The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."
    G.W. Steevens - The Daily Mail (1897)

great news on your b826 composite opex ,please start a thread on it in its purest form ,then as and when the cover arrives add to it ,id love to see it in more detail

?

Great information Steve ,thanks for this, I also saw these examples on ebay,good price and condition by the look's of things, but most annoyingly cheaper than my example

?

Quote by James C View Post
    great news on your b826 composite opex ,please start a thread on it in its purest form ,then as and when the cover arrives add to it ,id love to see it in more detail

No problem James, will do.

I have ordered the correct DPM cover for the M-95,so when that arrives I will create a new thread

Wow these composites really are an A...ache to follow,just found one on ebay supposed to be US hmmm glad i did some homework and yes its an 826 what a bu.... oh well James will have to keep looking,p.s great thread with some awesome pics of equally awesome Helmets and covers..........
    With Regards Jake.

finally got round to picking up one of these dutch woodland helmet covers and also a rather worn 1990 dated m53 cover too ,all in all probably one of the better fitting covers for the 826 perhaps due to the moulded rubber rimClick image for larger version. 

Name:	001.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	345.4 KB 
ID:	719616Click image for larger version. 

Name:	003.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	346.3 KB 
ID:	719620Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ing 001.jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	320.4 KB 
ID:	719621

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast