Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

my british mk6 /mk6A trio

Article about: a nice day here in wales today ,so it was ideal for photographing my three british gs mk6 composites ,most people are led to believe these are made of aramid /kevlar fibre ,it is made from a

Default My british mk6 collection

British gs mk6 composites ,most people are led to believe these are made of aramid /kevlar fibre ,it is made from a ballistic nylon instead as you can see this early mk6 has a plastic cupped chin strap and only 2 point where as the other mk6's are 3 point ,id like to learn more about the MTP camo i believe i am right in saying it was originally a us design, i really like this pattern and glad we havent gone down the digital pattern road yet my british mk6 /mk6A triomy british mk6 /mk6A triomy british mk6 /mk6A triomy british mk6 /mk6A triomy british mk6 /mk6A triomy british mk6 /mk6A trio
    Last edited by James C; 11-20-2016 at 03:01 PM.

Nice lids mate, the badged desert cover is a nice touch. MTP is based on and licensed from the US patented Multicam pattern but is slightly different and specific to UK forces. I've not seen many UK camo goggles covers before. Does the MTP goggles cover have an MOD label or is it US?

thanks andy and for the insight into the multicam ,there's no label on the mtp cover ,it might well be us as its a lighter shade than the helmet cover

Ah OK, I thought it looked a little different. The biggest difference I think is in the shapes of the colour blocks, I've not had the two side by side though so I can't really help much more than that I'm afraid.

?

Simply great display! Also love that badged cover! Yeah Andy is bang on it is a copy of the US patented Multicam with a very small change to the pattern making it unique to the UK and I think MTP, Multi Terrain Pattern is usually a little lighter overall than Multicam I have pieces of both and you usually have to have them side by side to tell the difference. I could be wrong but I suspect the goggles/cover is non issue, A lot of company's now make MTP/Multicam equipment in various similar patterns, I have seen quite a range available. Some are approved by the MOD and troops can use/wear it. So I would say a private purchase by the soldier its very common these days. I think we do issue the ESS Advancer goggles with covers to our troops but they are much different in design and I think they only come with black covers. Cheers! Sean.

Reg
    ?

Never seen a mk6 with a chin cup like that before!

UK MTP.
    US multicam.
    As you can see they are very similar but on the British MTP the colours blend into each other better, the multicam has harder more defined edges to the colours!..

MTP owes a lot to DPM too, in terms of the physical pattern. The shading is a great way to tell the difference between MTP and Multicam as Gunny pointed out.

If anyone has any of the British PECOC trials kit, that is a prototypical camo that is leaning towards MTP in colour. Odd stuff and very very limited in issue for only a brief time.

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    MTP owes a lot to DPM too, in terms of the physical pattern. The shading is a great way to tell the difference between MTP and Multicam as Gunny pointed out.

If anyone has any of the British PECOC trials kit, that is a prototypical camo that is leaning towards MTP in colour. Odd stuff and very very limited in issue for only a brief time.
    Yup indeed the easiest way to ID the MTP are the speckled edges on the dark brown patterns which is a follow on from the later DPM patterns!...

Here's the pecoc as Kradspm mentioned!..

?

Quote by Reg View Post
    Never seen a mk6 with a chin cup like that before!

The chin-cup is/was a popular alteration to the chin-strap Reg, either because the original leather one had finally "died" or simply because the soldier preferred it. (It was also a popular mod' on the chinstrap of the old Turtle-Back helmet)

JAMES:

Nice set of helmets there mate

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast