Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Not so common British Mk6 camo

Article about: I tarted up one of my plain DPM Mk6 helmets this evening. Strips of British Arctic net under the foliage loops and everything fixed in place with the backing net from the Arctic camo. It's a

Default Not so common British Mk6 camo

I tarted up one of my plain DPM Mk6 helmets this evening. Strips of British Arctic net under the foliage loops and everything fixed in place with the backing net from the Arctic camo.

It's a damn hard thing to photograph.....I took a few at different angles, but they all look identical

Not so common British Mk6 camoNot so common British Mk6 camoNot so common British Mk6 camo

Default Re: Not so common British Mk6 camo

very effective camo kradspam ive not seen this type before is it british issue ,and at least when the snow thaws you can rip it off and go back to the dpm underneath

Thanks mate

The net is British issue I think yes, it's the same construction as the woodland British net and I've handled a few square miles of that over the years.

This snow cammo. takes me back to the return of the RM commandos from the Falklands war. At that time I was doing a huge refurb of the mess decks at RNAS Yeovilton. It was a very interesting time with the chinook copter with a Pucarra slung beneath dropping it off right in front of us. On talking to some of the Royal Marines I happened to say that I was going pidgeon shooting at the weekend and could do with some cammo net, fine said the Royals, which is your motor. I took them round the corner and pointed out my 1600cc. Subaru estate. Work finished and we collected up our tools my passenger and myself and on approaching the car we couldnt believe it , the thing was stuffed full of white cammo net. We had to go out of the main gate past MOD police as well as RN police. We made it out o.k. but next day The Royals came up and asked if everything was ok. I explained to them that as there wasnt much snow around here the netting wasnt much use, the normal woodland version was better. No probs mate we have plenty of that. I pointed out to them than half the previous ammount would be plenty. Great guys and only too pleased to show us their "collections"from the Falklands. John.

?

Hi.

The camo netting looks very effective , MK6 Helmets were issued with a specific white cover, but Arctic trained troops may well have added something like this.

Great looking set up!!!!

?

Royal Marine Commandos in Norway,wearing White Arctic Mk6 helmet covers.Not so common British Mk6 camo

superb referance pic opex ive never seen this set up before ,i like what i see ,thanks for sharing ,james

?

No worries James, I have searched the web and only found one supplier in the UK who sells these, they are pretty cheap too, so perhaps I will snap one up and show it here!!

Nice helmet KradSpam! I have always had a liking for the British helmets, especially the Mk6 and Mk7! One store here has had Mk6 helmets with the DPM cover for sale for a year now, and I hope they dont run out before next month!

i like what i see,heard that before james oh well another lid for the masses,very nice kraddy i thought you only dealt with stahlhelms,just go's to show,regards dave.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast