MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Para m76 helmet

Article about: Found this helmet today while sorting out my garage , know i had one somewhere but was unsure where i put it

Default Para m76 helmet

Found this helmet today while sorting out my garage , know i had one somewhere but was unsure where i put it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Para m76 helmet   Para m76 helmet  

Para m76 helmet   Para m76 helmet  

Aaaaagggggghhhhh ...for Pete’s sake call it something else......anything...but not M76.....

Let’s call it Enid......I used to have an Auntie Enid.

Nice lid though.....Helmet, Parachutist, lightwieght

Sorry Composite tried to change it just for you but it willnt let me change the title , Sorry

?

Pretty nice helmet. I have one and i find it very comfortable to wear.

Composite this is a great opportunity to give it a good name.
    How about FALLSCHIRMJÄGER BRITISCHER LEICHTESHELM
    then maybe more people will be interested in them!

Brilliant JB!! You have no idea how many members that’s wasted on....it’s very clever.

...and for sale too..... :-)

I wish I could find helmets in my garage... but first I would need a garage! A nice helmet... and it looks very interesting too. Enid Challis doesn't sound right though Ad***n, with a name like that it would mean that it belonged to a bl**dy WRAC.!

...the Challis' served with a 2nd Rapier Squadron on Mount Whats-'is-name....apparently

Quote by Composite View Post
    ...the Challis' served with a 2nd Rapier Squadron on Mount Whats-'is-name....apparently
    Funnily enough... my battery - 9(Plassey) Bty, were the trials unit for the Rapier LAD system. We were the first unit in the British army to be issued with them, and the operating manuals were based upon our trials with the system. If that helmet was issued to a Rapier squadron, it was likely to be an RAF regiment, as the RA didn't have squadrons. Although 'Mount Whats-'is-name' would suggest the Falklands, and our regiment sent 'T' Bty, Shah Sujah's troop to that little lot. So maybe they were posted there post-Falklands war?

Oh history schmistory........ :-)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast