Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Pasgt

Article about: Hi fellow collectors, I thought you might like to see this helmet, it follow's the famous Pasgt profile, but has a completely different suspension system than the usual Pasgt, I could only d

?

Default Pasgt

Hi fellow collectors, I thought you might like to see this helmet, it follow's the famous Pasgt profile, but has a completely different suspension system than the usual Pasgt, I could only describe it as being more like the ACH! There are no stamps or labels of any sort.

I suspect it is a commercially made product,and has been used by Personal Protection Operatives, a contact of mine also mentioned that the Polish forces in Afghanistan use these helmets?

I would welcome any opinions or theories , and better still if you know what it is that would be great,thanks for looking Opex

Pasgt
    Pasgt
    Pasgt
    Pasgt
    Pasgt
    Pasgt
    Pasgt
    Pasgt
    Pasgt
    Pasgt
    Pasgt

very nice opex .dont quote me on this but i think you have a polish wz 2000 it would certainly explain the liner system and off course its use by polish troops ,great pick up mate as you know i have the earlier wz 93
    Regards James

?

Quote by James C View Post
    very nice opex .dont quote me on this but i think you have a polish wz 2000 it would certainly explain the liner system and off course its use by polish troops ,great pick up mate as you know i have the earlier wz 93
    Thanks James, I have had a look at WZ2000 Helmets following your tip, and in comparison mine has a different shell profile and the chinstrap arrangement is different ??

Thanks for looking,and your opinion

I am sure as I can be without it being in hand this is not a wz2000. The shell is somewhat similar but certainly not identical, and the liner system totally different. I don't know what it is at the moment, but I would be inclined to think of it as a commercial product by the likes of RBR/LBA (except that in this instance it does not have the characteristics metal rings in the chinstrap rig of that manufacturer). Is the green a factory finish or later addition? Very interesting object - where did you get it from?

thanks for clearing up my wz theory opex and greg ,i wasnt 100% ,im now leaning towards it being a commercial maker like greg mentions and would guess an earlier version of the vestguard ach model pasgt
    Regards James

Hmm - you may be right about Vestguard, it does have several points of similarity with their products, but also some points of distinct difference. I've had a look at their website and nothing there that confirms it - the chinstraps all have that ring linkage favoured by by UK compo makers, for example. And it certainly isn;t the same as the one Vestguard helmet I actually have. But maybe you are right - enough points of similarity to make one suspect it is an earlier, less wellknown edition. But then again it could be...well, I dunno, boss.

thanks greg ,i failed to find an example remotely similar liner wise to any known vestguard models to compare to opex's example ,perhaps blamed in part due to finding only the current 2014 model on there website ,so just assumed an earlier version ,one thing that seems correct is the liner rivit placements but im still unsure on the chinstrap arrangement ,would this be a 3 point or 4 point fixing ?
    Regards James

?

Quote by Greg Pickersgill View Post
    I am sure as I can be without it being in hand this is not a wz2000. The shell is somewhat similar but certainly not identical, and the liner system totally different. I don't know what it is at the moment, but I would be inclined to think of it as a commercial product by the likes of RBR/LBA (except that in this instance it does not have the characteristics metal rings in the chinstrap rig of that manufacturer). Is the green a factory finish or later addition? Very interesting object - where did you get it from?
    Thanks for looking Greg, I did initially think RBR myself but like you noticed there are no metal rings so I have discounted that manufacturer, the green sand like finish is the factory finish, the inside at one point was painted roughly with matt black matt paint which I removed to find some sort of markings,but only discovered the numbers and the strange symbol. I got it from a surplus store in my home town, the same place as the NP AC 100 I have previously shown here. The shop owner could not shed any light on it's origins, but he does tend to sell a lot of "bring backs" from Iraq/Afghan.

?

Quote by James C View Post
    thanks for clearing up my wz theory opex and greg ,i wasnt 100% ,im now leaning towards it being a commercial maker like greg mentions and would guess an earlier version of the vestguard ach model pasgt
    No worries James, and thanks I will look into Vestguard as a possible manufacturer

?

Hi Greg, I just checked out your Composite Helmet site and I can see very distinct similarities between my Pasgt and the "The Global Armour PASCUT Assault Helmet" and the " LBA INTERNATIONAL COMBAT HELMET ?" you have demonstrated.

The liner is my example is exactly the same as the Global Armour example as you stated used by a British soldier in Helmand Province. Now I wondering if my helmet has a similar provenance?

I still need to look into the Polish usage aspect, my contact normally is spot on so cannot discount this theory just yet!

Ironic I spent hours looking for examples on the web, and your great site contained the information I required the first time round, so I am very grateful you created this site

Opex

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast