Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

rabintex orlite 201

Article about: this israeli made composite is widely marketed for export as the m1976/85 there was a model previous to this ,the m76 ,now this is were it gets slightly confusing perhaps it may be purely co

Default rabintex orlite 201

this israeli made composite is widely marketed for export as the m1976/85 there was a model previous to this ,the m76 ,now this is were it gets slightly confusing perhaps it may be purely coincidental but it was issued to the IDF israeli defence forces ,it was also exported to the IDF irish defence forces but Oglaigh Na hEireann is DFI (Defence Forces Ireland).i believe this is important to the irish to differentiate ,ive done more research on mine and even though it has had all markings removed i am still not 100% if this is the irish or the israeli version ,ive heard you tell by the colour of the webbing green for ireland and black for israeli ,mine seems to show a mixture of both colours ,i have 2 irish covers and this reversable israeli cover ,there is also a mitz,nefet cover which is also know as a clown hat as its really huge and baggy and designed to break up the helmet shape ,the irish covers have a derogatory name so wont mention it here but i liken the design to the french CCE pattern ,another interesting thing to note is the two covers i show ,apparently there was a mistake in the manufacturer and the tie string opening was cut into the wrong end of the covers ,resulting in the elasticated foliage banding being much lower over the front ,you will see the differance between my two,so something to look out for if you going to purchase one ,enjoy ,james rabintex orlite 201rabintex orlite 201rabintex orlite 201rabintex orlite 201rabintex orlite 201rabintex orlite 201rabintex orlite 201rabintex orlite 201rabintex orlite 201
    Last edited by James C; 03-15-2014 at 07:40 PM.

?

Fantastic display's James, and great information regarding this helmet and the different nations which use it, definitely one for my own collection wishlist.Thanks for showing

Great looking lids mate and very informative!...

many thanks opex and paul personally out of the 3 covers ,i prefer the israeli set up ,what do you reckon guys

?

Quote by James C View Post
    many thanks opex and paul personally out of the 3 covers ,i prefer the israeli set up ,what do you reckon guys
    Well James I am a big fan of the Irish DPM camo ( notice no use of the degoratory "P" Cam word), and have a few uniforms in my collection, but I personally do prefer the Israeli scheme, I have a preference for Desert covers over temperate covers

Quote by James C View Post
    I'll second that!....

just a small update to the idf helmet display ,opex kindly sent me this wider rubber tyre ,ive also slipped in a first aid pack ,here's the result ,thank you opex your a real gent rabintex orlite 201rabintex orlite 201rabintex orlite 201rabintex orlite 201
    Regards James

?

just a small update to the idf helmet display ,opex kindly sent me this wider rubber tyre ,ive also slipped in a first aid pack ,here's the result ,thank you opex your a real gent

Looks fantastic James, your more than welcome and it looks like the right sort of width used on these helmets, again you have inspired me for my next project.

As always your photo backdrop's are great,I like the stand screwed to the decking ,great idea

?

(James hope you don't mind me tagging onto to your thread , I thought it made more sense than creating a new thread for the same model of helmet. )

Here's my rather battered example, it has many names and serial number's written in the shell, sadly the labels are painted over so am unable to ascertain the year of issue, but on the sweatband there is 83 which I assume might be a date of issue? Also as can be seen the DPM cover has been used/abused ,but I am a fan of this particular camouflage pattern which I feel match's the backdrop I have used.

rabintex orlite 201
    rabintex orlite 201
    rabintex orlite 201
    rabintex orlite 201
    rabintex orlite 201
    rabintex orlite 201
    rabintex orlite 201
    rabintex orlite 201
    rabintex orlite 201
    rabintex orlite 201
    rabintex orlite 201
    rabintex orlite 201

post away opex ,i dont mind at all ,its always nice to see other examplesyou can definately see the ripstop material on that cover ,i like the used look as in the same as my cover the elasticated bands have stretched ,i notice this seems to happen more easily than on the brit mk6 covers ,what size would you say yours is ,mines large ,i had another example but sold on ,it was a size small and looked deminutive amongst the displays, thanks for the comps on the current helmet scheme and the backdrop ,i think it just adds to a better veiwing experiance ,the sunny weather did help though ,yours blends in very well too ,ill look forward to seeing yours in the israeli guise
    Regards James

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast