Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SAS AC/100 Composite helmet

Article about: Hi Fellow Collectors, I thought you might be interested in seeing this AC/100 Composite Helmet from my collection, this is the type worn by British Special Forces / SAS. Feel free to comment

?

Default SAS AC/100 Composite helmet

Hi Fellow Collectors, I thought you might be interested in seeing this AC/100 Composite Helmet from my collection, this is the type worn by British Special Forces / SAS. Feel free to comment, I would would welcome any discussions. Opex.

And here it is fitted with ballistic cheek guard and visor , which makes the complete ensemble very heavy indeed.

?

It looks like a MK6 from the inside??..& I should think those cheek pieces are a pain to wear...You wouldn't be able to fit your radio headset & or hear anything somebody was saying!!!..& as for the visor well like you say you would need to do some sort of neck exercise just to hold it all up..lol.. An interesting helmet though.. Thanks for showing.. Cheers Terry.

Great looking lid!....

?

Quote by Tango View Post
    It looks like a MK6 from the inside??..& I should think those cheek pieces are a pain to wear...You wouldn't be able to fit your radio headset & or hear anything somebody was saying!!!..& as for the visor well like you say you would need to do some sort of neck exercise just to hold it all up..lol.. An interesting helmet though.. Thanks for showing.. Cheers Terry.
    Thanks for looking tango , I have tried this helmet on ( come on everyone does, LOL) and can state that this helmet is VERY heavy ,and would not personally want to wear it for any length of time, it a very solidly manufactured compared to the MK6, which it has a lot of similarities to.

- - ------- - -

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Great looking lid!....

Thanks Gunny ,most appreciated as ever

That's very interesting. I wonder if it is an early model, as there are distinct differences from others I have seen, and the label has the characteristics of an early NP style.

I wonder, Opex, if you would be happy for me to use your photoset on Composite ((Composite Helmets, Ballistic helmets, Military helmets International Guide) Or you could send a set, if you wish, to me at [email protected]. And any background information you have about the helmet would be appreciated.

?

Quote by Greg Pickersgill View Post
    That's very interesting. I wonder if it is an early model, as there are distinct differences from others I have seen, and the label has the characteristics of an early NP style.

I wonder, Opex, if you would be happy for me to use your photoset on Composite ((Composite Helmets, Ballistic helmets, Military helmets International Guide) Or you could send a set, if you wish, to me at [email protected]. And any background information you have about the helmet would be appreciated.

Hi Greg, I know very little about this helmet, other than I bought it in a local surplus a few years ago, the owner of the surplus shop could not give me any info of it's previous usage, but I would be more than happy for you to use the photo's on your site.

If you need more detailed shot's of specific's parts of this helmet let me know .

Regards,Opex

I think you will find alot of these Helmets are used by Mine Field clearing teams ,We still have some and the body armor used with these helmets (Royal Engineers),The Helmet would be to heavy for SAS use but is suited to Mine clearing

?

Quote by kradman View Post
    I think you will find alot of these Helmets are used by Mine Field clearing teams ,We still have some and the body armor used with these helmets (Royal Engineers),The Helmet would be to heavy for SAS use but is suited to Mine clearing
    Hi kradman, your comments make a lot of sense, as these helmets are super heavy, I based my assumption on it being SAS used, as on the National Plastic website they state these are used by Special Forces.

great looking lid opex ,it really does look a weighty piece of kit ,can i ask how the ear extensions fix to the shell or is it part and parcel of the visor attachment ,thanks for showing

?

Quote by James C View Post
    great looking lid opex ,it really does look a weighty piece of kit ,can i ask how the ear extensions fix to the shell or is it part and parcel of the visor attachment ,thanks for showing
    Hi James thanks for looking and for the compliment.

The cheek guards are attached by a bolt/screw which is easily removed ,but unfortunately leaves unsightly holes as can be seen in the first pictures I submitted, perhaps they could be blanked off?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast