Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

uae composite

Article about: evening guys ,my latest helmet for the shelf ,a uae composite ,kindly recieved from a real great bloke on this very forum ,terry (tango) so a big thanks tez basically this composite is a sou

Default uae composite

evening guys ,my latest helmet for the shelf ,a uae composite ,kindly recieved from a real great bloke on this very forum ,terry (tango) so a big thanks tez basically this composite is a south african model 1987 for export very similar in design to the us pasgt even down to the riddel style liner, feels about half the weight of the pasgt ,it has a sticker remnant that i imagine would of said SAPHI (south african pith helmet industries ) it has a 3 point chin strap and internally is very much similar to the earlier israeli m76 with the rear foam/rubber bumper in fact the chinstrap is pretty much the same too and very similar in design as found on british airbourne mk11 helmets circa ww2 the cover is in the us choc chip pattern the south african version cover is a brown colour and has an incorporated peak ,my daughter was very keen to model this one and was very lucky to retrieve it from her ,i also took some shots of the other pasgt composite i have and my bundeswehr gefechtshelm ,hope you enjoy as much as i do ,james uae compositeuae compositeuae compositeuae compositeuae compositeuae compositeuae compositeuae compositeuae compositeuae compositeuae compositeuae compositeuae composite

?

James no problems with the helmet my pleasure.. I'm loving the live model she looks top dollar sporting your new item...Enjoy.. Cheers Terry.

thanks again terry it really was appreciated ,the daughter is worse than me for wanting to try these fandangled items on ,she pulls it off much better though ,cheers matey ,james

Great looking lid James but i think the young un needs the next size down!...

too true paul ,i could do with the next size up also ,to fit my fat head in there lol

she's cute James.

?

Hi James, very impressive Helmet, I really like it a lot, and what a kind gesture from Terry,great bloke as you you said.

It is very interesting the emirates use the SA model, I assumed they imported the US Pasgt and wore a locally made choc chip cover, so thanks for sharing and for the information

The South African M87 has had some export successes, and wa apparently tested by a number of nations (including Europeans) but without any actual purchases. Its a lot less like the US PASGT than might be implied in some of the above comments - no-one could confuse the two, really.

If you take a look here - Composite Helmet, Ballistic helmets, Military helmets UAE, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES helmet, Kevlar helmet - you will see the instruction leaflet issued to UAE military users.

There is also an extraordinary Other Version of the M87 which is shown here - Composite Helmet, Ballistic helmets, Military helmets SOUTH AFRICA, SOUTH AFRICAN helmet, Kevlar helmet - scroll down to "M87 clone? - produced by South Africa?" which is massively heavier than the standard version which is 1214 grammes, this green one weighs 1986g as opposed to 1214, a very noticeable increase of 772g. Its not known yet why these genuinely heavy helmets were produced. NB I have only one US PASGT , a Large, and that weighs in at 1604g. Certainly heavier than the M87 standard . Its really noticeable that as ballasitc plastic helmets have evolved over the last 30 years thay have become lighter, and often much smaller, covering less of the head. I remain unconvinced that this latter is actually an improvement.

"this green one weighs 1986g" wow nearly 2 kilos on your head! it'll certainly build up your neck muscles!...

thanks guys ,opex ive been looking over the profile of the shell ,is it me or does it look more like the french spectra than the pasgt .greg as always thanks for you valued thoughts and the superb link too ,the instruction booklet is a neat addition to have ,ill have to brush up on my arabic

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast