Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

United Nations PASGT

Article about: I've never seen a UN issued PASGT being sold before so I knew I had to get it. I bought this about a year ago. There is so much about this helmet that I love. It has a rare UN marked cover,

Default United Nations PASGT

I've never seen a UN issued PASGT being sold before so I knew I had to get it. I bought this about a year ago. There is so much about this helmet that I love. It has a rare UN marked cover, is painted bright UN blue underneath, and has the peacekeeper's first name written on the sweatband. I think it has just the right amount of wear to it. The cover is a VERY tight fit.

I've seen two other helmets like this, one with the same cover, both posted by Canadians who served the UN in places like Bosnia in the early 90's and Kosovo in 2001.

Feel free to share if you have anything relating to this, be it a UN PASGT of your own or related knowledge/experience! Here is mine:

United Nations PASGT United Nations PASGT United Nations PASGT United Nations PASGT United Nations PASGTUnited Nations PASGT United Nations PASGT United Nations PASGT United Nations PASGT United Nations PASGTUnited Nations PASGT United Nations PASGT United Nations PASGT

Thanks for looking,
    John

Sorry if there's too many pictures.

Here's another example owned by USMilitariaForum's "1canpara." Link: Show Your PASGT!!! - STEEL AND KEVLAR HELMETS - U.S. Militaria Forum

United Nations PASGTUnited Nations PASGT

And this next one belongs to "edstorey" of the Canadian Military Collector's Forum, which has other examples of this type of helmet in use. Link: R22e regiment master corporal united nations display

United Nations PASGT

An interesting quote from him: "I first saw the UN blue covers for the PASGT during a visit to BiH Command HQ in Sarajevo in Feb 1994. I heard latter that these covers were introduced as painting the PASGTs UN blue apparently had an adverse effect on the lamination of the helmet's Kevlar layers.

The PASGTs that Canada was using were certainly of US manufacture, I am not sure who produced the UN blue covers and I would have to go and dig my example out to check the manufacture stamp."

I'm assuming the cover on mine is the same one he's talking about, but mine does not have a manufacture stamp, and his might not have had one either.

very nice mate i wasnt expecting to see the UN blue under the cover as well ,id personally display it in the raw as i like them salty looking ,thanks for sharing another superb head gear example from your collection james

Can this count? WW2 US M1 liner most likely Korean used

?

Hi John, very nice example of the Pasgt and more than likely was indeed worn by Canadian troops, your example has some unsual makers stamps, I have never seen an example made by Speciality Plastics Products before, neither have I seen one with a stamp proudly displaying it was made in the USA, your example was made in 1994 I believe judging by the embossed stamp in the inner crown.

The cover is indeed unique, I have a UN cover for one of my British Mk6 helmets, but have yet to see a Pasgt version on the surplus market.

Many thanks for example your fine example,which as before has many unique/unusual features

?

Very nice UN M1 René , which has lot's of wear and tear and therefore character

My RBR UN helmet
    United Nations PASGT

Use in the field
    United Nations PASGT

Other example of Indonesian UN helmet
    United Nations PASGTUnited Nations PASGTUnited Nations PASGTUnited Nations PASGT
    United Nations PASGTUnited Nations PASGTUnited Nations PASGTUnited Nations PASGTUnited Nations PASGT

United Nations PASGT
    Green color version?

Hope these can help.

?

Quote by Perspectivist View Post

An interesting quote from him: "I first saw the UN blue covers for the PASGT during a visit to BiH Command HQ in Sarajevo in Feb 1994. I heard latter that these covers were introduced as painting the PASGTs UN blue apparently had an adverse effect on the lamination of the helmet's Kevlar layers.

The PASGTs that Canada was using were certainly of US manufacture, I am not sure who produced the UN blue covers and I would have to go and dig my example out to check the manufacture stamp."

I'm assuming the cover on mine is the same one he's talking about, but mine does not have a manufacture stamp, and his might not have had one either.
    I have two UN Blue Canadian PASGT covers, both originating from Ed Storey circa 1997. Neither has any makers stamps, and appear to have been made by the unit or some local contractor - well made but not factory-made. I also attach pictures of a blue painted PASGT (also from Ed, which he said was worn by a member of the PPCLI in Croatia) and a blue painted Barrday P-2, which the vendor said had come from a "Ziperhead" (both the Royal Canadian Dragoons, and the Strathconas, were issued with these failed experimental helmets in the early 90s). My Canadian PASGTs come from a variery of makers: Gentex, Stemaco, Devils Lake Sioux and UNICOR, and were, I believe simply obtained, as required by DND through FMS.
    Most Canadian PASGTS were later passed on to groups such as the African Union to equip their peacekeepers.
    Roger
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture United Nations PASGT   United Nations PASGT  

United Nations PASGT   United Nations PASGT  

United Nations PASGT   United Nations PASGT  

?

Fantastic RBR feldgrau and some excellent reference pictures of the UN helmets in use,many thanks

?

"I have two UN Blue Canadian PASGT covers, both originating from Ed Storey circa 1997. Neither has any makers stamps, and appear to have been made by the unit or some local contractor - well made but not factory-made. I also attach pictures of a blue painted PASGT (also from Ed, which he said was worn by a member of the PPCLI in Croatia) and a blue painted Barrday P-2, which the vendor said had come from a "Ziperhead" (both the Royal Canadian Dragoons, and the Strathconas, were issued with these failed experimental helmets in the early 90s). My Canadian PASGTs come from a variery of makers: Gentex, Stemaco, Devils Lake Sioux and UNICOR, and were, I believe simply obtained, as required by DND through FMS.
    Most Canadian PASGTS were later passed on to groups such as the African Union to equip their peacekeepers."

Hi Roger, excellent provenance and pictures provided, this is very useful for future research into Pasgt worn by other nations other than the US

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast