Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown composite - possibly Chinese?

Article about: Here's an interesting thing. These pics were sent to me by a pleasant Dutch person, with a request for identification. I've spent a bit of time on it (a couple of hours actually) and come up

Default Unknown composite - possibly Chinese?

Here's an interesting thing. These pics were sent to me by a pleasant Dutch person, with a request for identification. I've spent a bit of time on it (a couple of hours actually) and come up with nothing except a deepening suspicion it is Asian, and probably Chinese. It has several characteristics in common with the myriad of Chinese compo helmets, though it is *not* one of the wellknown military-issue types. Well, unless it's a new one, anyway.

I've asked the Dutch person Where When and How he came by it, but he hasn't responded to those queries, but did say the only identifying mark within is 'SCT-M-7' which frankly isn't a load of assistance.

So, what's *your* theory...?

Unknown composite - possibly Chinese?

Default Re: Unknown composite - possibly Chinese?

possibly mongolian issue pasgt or maybe china's qgf02 composite is this any help greg ,thanks james

Default Re: Unknown composite - possibly Chinese?

Good grief, I didn't know there was a Mongolian PASGT version. Well, there's something to research. Anyway, my above object isn't a QGF02 - apart from anything else that has a chinstrap catch very like (if not identical) to the Schuberth 826. This object has something quite strange. Looks like a plastic friction-catch to me.

EDIT - so far found one photo of a Mongolian-used PASGT type, which is definately *not* the same as the query helmet, having diferent liner bolts and chinstrap form. So, unless there's another Mongolian-used PASGT type (not impossible...)...
    Last edited by Greg Pickersgill; 08-17-2012 at 10:35 PM.