Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

US Composite Helmets.

Article about: fair play sean that was a very nice gesture so well done ,the pasgt sure does look great ,im undecided which side i prefer as i like them both

fair play sean that was a very nice gesture so well done ,the pasgt sure does look great ,im undecided which side i prefer as i like them both
    Regards James

?

Glad you like it Opex bud, It does fit your Pasgt very well! Thanks James pal, It's a really hard one for me regarding which pattern I like more. I would say the woodland just edges it for me. I have just secured a minty type II lwh I am very happy to report, The difference's being. The shell is painted tan instead of green, The chinstrap system is the same but in tan material not green and the liner is velcro type pads like the ACH not suspension type like type I, Also it is made by BAE my type I is a Gentex. I will throw the desert cover on that one for best of both worlds. Although it seems to be costing the world lol, Here is to another skint month! I just thought also guys.. Should I move my threads/posts on my other US composite's to this section for reference etc or does it not really matter? Cheers, Sean.

?

Quote by seandm View Post
    Glad you like it Opex bud, It does fit your Pasgt very well! Thanks James pal, It's a really hard one for me regarding which pattern I like more. I would say the woodland just edges it for me. I have just secured a minty type II lwh I am very happy to report, The difference's being. The shell is painted tan instead of green, The chinstrap system is the same but in tan material not green and the liner is velcro type pads like the ACH not suspension type like type I, Also it is made by BAE my type I is a Gentex. I will throw the desert cover on that one for best of both worlds. Although it seems to be costing the world lol, Here is to another skint month! I just thought also guys.. Should I move my threads/posts on my other US composite's to this section for reference etc or does it not really matter? Cheers, Sean.

Hi Sean,thanks to you it does look rather cool bud. I look forward to seeing your new BAE composite addition and to learn more about that model. I suppose if it was not to hard a job it would be great to all your composites in the one section. I am torn between Woodland vs Desert myself,either way a classic camo pattern that will last the test of time, and already is being copied by other nations

?

Right Guys! It's been a while since I properly posted anything! I hope you are all well! I have some lids to post, Some that I have posted before and have since been upgraded or changed somehow and some others I thought should be in this thread, Plus my latest addition! I start with the early model Airborne PASGT. I have refitted this with a 3 color helmet cover & foam liner pad. Now for a long time I was under the impression these earlier PASGT's were discontinued long before the Iraq/Afghan war began, But it would seem not so. So I am happy to display this as it is to represent a lid from early on in the conflict. Also I have seen differing opinions on whether the pad should be worn over or under the liner suspension. I see a lot of troops during the early operations in Iraq and Afghanistan used it as a comfort item over the webbing but as well I do believe for actual airborne operations it is designed to go between the suspension and shell. If anyone knows anymore on this topic, Please share! It would be appreciated greatly! Then we have my ACH (Advanced Combat Helmet) by Gentex. This has recently been refitted with correct size cover and new issue foliage green helmet band plus the ballistic nape pad has been removed as it was too big for this helmet. The UCP/Digital camo looks so cool in my opinion and the ESS profile goggles really finish it off. Next up is the Type I (first model) USMC LWH (Light Weight Helmet) by Gentex. An awesome lid that is the same shape as the PASGT but lighter in weight and has a new liner and chinstrap system which I think is one of the best I have ever observed. This is finished with the woodland marpat side of the reversible cover and a genuine NVG set and mount. Last of all! My latest and new favorite helmet! the Type II (second model) USMC LWH (Light Weight Helmet) by BAE. Again this resembles a PASGT but lighter in weight. The main changes from the Type I being.. The shell is finished in Coyote tan color as opposed to green. The chinstrap system is the same but again in Coyote tan color instead of green and the biggest change is the addition of hook & loop system pad liner. It also has a pre drilled hole at the front with screw and plate for the NVG mount. The helmet is finished with desert side of the reversible marpat cover. I just need to get an NVG mount to fit and then I consider this one finished. Both Type I & II LWH feature the EGA symbol on the nape pad which is simply awesome! I hope you like these lids guys! I have some other British stuff to post but I will do that later in the week I think. Cheers, Sean.

US Composite Helmets.US Composite Helmets.US Composite Helmets.US Composite Helmets.US Composite Helmets.US Composite Helmets.US Composite Helmets.US Composite Helmets.US Composite Helmets.US Composite Helmets.US Composite Helmets.US Composite Helmets.US Composite Helmets.US Composite Helmets.US Composite Helmets.US Composite Helmets.US Composite Helmets.US Composite Helmets.US Composite Helmets.

?

Hi Sean,great to hear from you and to see your new composites buddy, the rear para pad for the Pasgt look's right to me, and I've got to say the LW and ACH look's absolutely fantastic with the covers and NVG attachments. I have a pair of ESS goggles somewhere and it never occurred to me to fit them onto one of my display Helmets,so that has inspired me to recreate the look.

Many thanks for posting up your fine examples ,which I am convinced will aid others to know what to look out for when they have that "itch" to add a bit of plastic to their collections. I fully appreciate your time ,effort and not to mention expense in adding these to your contemporary US collection. Good on you buddy keep up the good work, add them as and when you can.

Look forward to seeing your Brit examples too , kind regards

?

Hi Opex! Glad you like them man! The goggles & mounts really finish of the helmets overall look I think. The ESS goggles are real quality kit as well. I dread to think how much just these four lids have cost me in all, Never mind the rest. But it's what I love collecting and I think I have stated it before but again.. These modern composites especially the US ones have fast become my number one personal favorite area to collect. The US Military has had and does have some absolutely fantastic kit! Cheers, Sean.

?

Quote by seandm View Post
    Hi Opex! Glad you like them man! The goggles & mounts really finish of the helmets overall look I think. The ESS goggles are real quality kit as well. I dread to think how much just these four lids have cost me in all, Never mind the rest. But it's what I love collecting and I think I have stated it before but again.. These modern composites especially the US ones have fast become my number one personal favorite area to collect. The US Military has had and does have some absolutely fantastic kit! Cheers, Sean.
    Hi Sean, no worries and your dedication to collecting the Helmets and associated parts is very admirable, and I think I can guess how much these helmets cost you, which brings me out in a cold sweat just thinking about it. I totally agree the US has designed some the best combat helmets available today, the Pasgt is a classic and was the inspiration for many of the Pasgt clones out there, and the ACH is ( well will be ) an absolute classic too.

Keep em them coming buddy,it's always a pleasure to see your additions

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5