Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

usa euro tank helmet

Article about: just to share this very recent addition to my helmet collection passed my way from a very kind forum member my understanding is these were a copy of the us m38 and of german manufacture and

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    A lovely helmet James, and a nice addition to your collection too! Thanks for showing.
    thank you steve

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    The spirit of the forum lives on,well done on this little gem,looks almost the same as the US variant,nice one mr James.................
    many thanks jake it would be interesting to see a us tankie along side this one just too compare the differences ,i believe austria also had there own version and belgium too ,thanks james

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Impossible to upgrade ..Congrats James on a rare find Regards Larry
    many thanks larry for looking and the kind comment

?

Fantastic James, I too have been on the look out for one of these models for many years, glad you were on the receiving end of some ultimate generosity here buddy, looks great

thanks gary i should make it clear i did pay for this but as it was offered my way i couldn't resist ,this member was spot on with what he had so knows his headgear very well ,i hope you find an example soon mate ,our friend mannie has one of these too and im sure he wont mind me posting a link Mannie Gentile: Combat Helmets of the 20th Century: Bundeswehr Tanker's Helmet: Cold War era

?

Quote by James C View Post
    thanks gary i should make it clear i did pay for this but as it was offered my way i couldn't resist ,this member was spot on with what he had so knows his headgear very well ,i hope you find an example soon mate ,our friend mannie has one of these too and im sure he wont mind me posting a link Mannie Gentile: Combat Helmets of the 20th Century: Bundeswehr Tanker's Helmet: Cold War era
    Hi James, I assumed it was a trade, either way great piece and not easy to source, so congrats again buddy...Mannie had completely slipped my mind as a resource for researching helmets, his website and pictures are excellent, he has a very "interesting" sense of humour too which is always a pleasure to read

your right there mate ,he does inject a bit of humour into the headgear collecting world

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2